Galaxy S5 Bluetooth issue after Lollipop update.
Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Galaxy S5 updated to Android 5.0, lollipop, last night and now the blue tooth is not working properly with the car, a BMW 535 2013.  The connection between the car and phone keeps dropping, both midcall and when resting, and the contacts also keep disappearing and re-appearing.  It makes the phone un-usable in the car.  I never had these issues with KittKatt.  I have tried un-pairing and re-pairing the phone and car and the problem still exists.

Tags (1)
Re: Galaxy S5 Bluetooth issue after Lollipop update.
Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

just tried deleting the phone from the car and re-pairing.  Now i can not get the contacts from the phone to the car and it lost the bluetooth connection 3 times during a 5 minute drive.  In addition, the battery life is now horrible, there is a noticeable lag when doing anything and all this after clearing the cache and ensuring no apps are active.  I had none of these issues until last night when i upgraded to lollipop.  My phone is useless to me if i can't use it in the car.

Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

on with Verizon, they blame samsung and told me that i just have to wait for the patch.  there is no way to reverse the update

stef7
Master - Level 2

The first thing you could try is a radio reset. Does your radio have such a feature?

The second thing you could try is a low level cache clear on your phone.

If those don't work, you could try backing up your personal content and doing a FDR (Factory Data Reset).

0 Likes
sandys_vzw
Verizon Employee

Giantbear,

We certainly want to see you continuing to enjoy the bluetooth function with your car. I would like to narrow down what may be causes to this. Please place the phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1xmU2t3, connect it to your vehicle and see if the bluetooth connection continues to be unstable.

0 Likes
ray_p1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue. Bluetooth audio works but no steering controls or mp3 tag info is being sent to the car radio. This worked fine on kit kat

ray_p1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all these methods with no success. Obviously Bluetooth is broken on this lollipop build

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback and efforts are greatly appreciated. We want to be sure to forward your information to the software team so they can begin testing to find a resolution.
Are you able to test this while the phone is in Safe Mode to let us know if the issue persists?
http://vz.to/1mFGTH4

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on with your support at the management level.  Nothing works to correct the bluetooth, the lag and the severe battery issues i, and apparently most, are having after the upgrade to Android 5.0.  I was told by the manager that these are known issues, but Samsung has not indicated when a patch will be released.

I went to lunch with 65% battery and came back an hour later, with only having sent a few texts and having no other applications open, with 29%. And the device is real hot, another issue i never had until the upgrade.

ok, it i plugged in to my computer via the USB and is still losing battery power.  The charge symbol is lit, but it is draining.  How is this possible??  I am not using it

Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looking it up on the web, i can see that a versions 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 exist to patch these issues.  So if these issues were known before Verizon released 5.0, why did they not just wait until the patches were available??  Why make your customers endure useless phones?