Re: Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Issue
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

My phone just updated to the 4.4.4 version and that is supposed to be a fix for the bluetooth.

0 Likes
tinman3030

MySIII,

I think you missed the point that we are both already running 4.4.4 and still having issues.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Ooops. Ok, I just got another update today, after the first "bluetooth" update. 

0 Likes
tinman3030

I also checked Uconnect with my VIN number and no update is available.

The amount of circles I have gone in on this issue is rediculous.  Uconnect blames the phone and verizon, Verizon blames Uconnect and the problem has persisted for a year with an increasingly pissed off customer.  The internet community as a whole has indicated it was an android blue tooth flaw that was being fixed by 4.4.4.  I have waited a year now.  Looking for some real answers or a work around.

0 Likes
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortuately the dealer and the uconnect web site may tell you no update is available. But is you look at the TBS's from Chrysler there were some softawre updates released for the 2013.You never said whether you had the 730N/RHR system or 430N/RHB system. The latest firmware for the RHR is 2.184 with grace notes 5411. The latest firmware for the RNB is 50.00.07 with gracenotes D9F. You can check your software version on uconnect by going to menu, then system setup, then system information.

The TBS's are here:http://www.automd.com/tsb/dodge_m/challenger_mm/                                                                       Then read this forum on how you can update yourself or go back to the dealer and demand an update:Software Updates for MyGig radios: RHR-RER-RHW [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8...

Note: Mydrive will not let you log in if someone else is currently logged in.

0 Likes
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no issue with the head unit. I know because my old note one works, and so does an iPhone 5. Is there is a problem with our hands free system, then why would other phones work?

0 Likes
tinman3030

@GLW163:

I have the RHB system with Application SW 44.00.01 Gracenotes 10F5.  There are no TSB's for the 2013 Town & Country listed on the website you provided.  Looks like they may have updated software for the Challenger but not the Town & Country??

I then went to the swiss file site where I downloaded the ISO immage to go to 50.00.07.  I have not yet applied this iso to the vehicle and am very reluctant to do so.  I don't see a file for 44.00.01 to get back to should something no go well.  Only 33.01.23 and 55.00.07.  Should I trust this random file on a swiss file sharing site?  One major concern is that this file is dated March 2013 which is before the vehicle manufacture date of April 2013

Thanks for seriously looking into the issue...

0 Likes
Kavz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SandyS_VZW

I've had the same issue. I have a 2014 Nissan Altima, I got the phone in May of 2014 and it worked perfectly, connected to my car perfectly, everything synced- again- perfectly.

Did the S5 Updated (Sept 17) and since then- nothing works perfectly. I can connect to the car BUT Here are the issues:

1.) If I choose to let the car access my phonebook/messages I CANT make calls @using the car's bluetooth OR using the device. If someone calls it rings ONLY on the phone, when I answer it DOESN'T connect via phone or car. SOMETIMES it will ring through the car and show the name, if I answer it doesn't connect.

2.) If I choose not to let the car access phonebook/messages I CAN make calls using the option to SAY the phone number. If someone calls it rings and ONLY shows the phone number.

Isn't the point of bluetooth to be able to say "Call Scott" and it dials? To be able to see "Scott" is calling me? This has actually made driving more dangerous than it needs to be. This isn't something that we should just let go, considering that it was working before the update.

Are you guys planning a new update? Like this week?

I called customer care, we unpair, re paired, it worked. I got out of the car, got back in the car, DOESN'T work.

And to help answer some the questions we you may have, yes, I have unpaired, re paired; turned off phone took out battery; checked with Nissan and with dealer (either way it was working PERFECTLY before the update).

What is your recommendation? THANKS SO MUCH for any help you can provide!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is really good information to know, Kavz. Out of curiosity, have you tried pairing it with a different bluetooth device to see what happens?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wfd1566
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 14 challenger with s5 and have the same problem. I make a call it tells me call has ended but the phone is still calling. This phone works perfect in my work car 2013 ford focus.

0 Likes