Galaxy S4 won't turn on
KMendall

My phone was working last night and had almost a full charge.  When I woke up this morning, my phone will do nothing.  But it's not dead.  There is a blue light that periodically flashes.  I've pushed all the buttons.  Nothing.  I've held down the on/off button to see if I could fully turn my phone off.  Nothing.  I tried charging it with 2 different cables.  Nothing.  It won't make the sound that suggests the phone is actually charging either.  I can get no reaction and no matter what I do the blue light keeps slowly flashing.

I didn't do anything to it yesterday (water, dropped, hit, etc.).  There is no reason for this.

Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S4 won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know getting your phone to turn back on is important, KMendall. Have you tried taking your battery out for a few seconds as well? Our friend tikibar1 had a great suggestion to restart the phone. You can also try those same steps while the phone is plugged into a charger.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds and see if that reboots the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know getting your phone to turn back on is important, KMendall. Have you tried taking your battery out for a few seconds as well? Our friend tikibar1 had a great suggestion to restart the phone. You can also try those same steps while the phone is plugged into a charger.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes