Galaxy S4 won't turn on
jett78

I went to bed last night with roughly 90% charge on my S4 and set the phone on the table, this morning it was off and won't turn on.

I've tried removing and replacing the battery and the SD card.

I've tried holding Power + Vol Up + Home with no luck.

I've tried plugging into power outlet as well as USB to PC, with no luck.

No lights, black screen, no vibration.

No previous battery issues.

I've looked at other threads, most concerning 4.3 update.  I'm not sure what version I have or whether it did an update over night.

Anything else to try? Or do I need to make a trip to Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 won't turn on
Klue
Master - Level 1

Sound like you might have a hardware problem with your on/off switch or a bad battery.  Before going back to the Verizion store try different charging cables in a wall outlet or a different battery.  As for the 4.3 update, it should only install if you tell it to.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jett78 - Let's give you back the power to power your phone! Are you sing the original Samsung charger that came with the device? If so, we can review your warranty options in detail. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your name and mobile number. I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
frenchtoast747
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same exact issue. The phone was working phone before bed. I put it on the charger all night then when I awoke, the phone wouldn't respond to anything. The green charging light was the only thing that was on. I removed the battery for about 5 minutes, pressed all buttons at least once to try and drain any residual power, and reinserted the battery trying to power on, then trying Power + Vol Up + Home. Nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@frenchtoast747,

Let's bring your phone back to life!

Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

I see you already tried doing the alternate method of the hard reset and it didn't work. We may need to replace the device. Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message with your name so I can further assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

@frenchtoast747,

Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message with your name so I can further assist you.

0 Likes
allgrain101

I just updated software yesterday and since then the battery drain rate has more than doubled and the charge time has increased significantly.  Last night I went to bed with phone at 100%.  Woke up with totally dead battery.  Until SW update, all was well.  Also getting message that using a different charger (other than S4 specific) may increase charge times.  Garbage!  I never got that before the update yesterday.  Battery and phone only 4 mos old.

0 Likes
lidkas

Hello, I am having a very similar issue and have tried resetting (power up + home + power button), another battery, another charger, and another outlet and still nothing is working.  Can you help me?  Phone is <1 year old. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lidkas,

Lets brethe some life back into your phone! The trouble shooting you've done so far is perfect. Have you tried plugging it in to a computer to see if that'll kick start things?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ish12311_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello there I am having the same problem except... I take out my battery plug it back in, and then the screen displays "samsung galaxy 4" for like a good 3 seconds I have tried a diffrent battery same result. I am afraid I have a hardware issue with the power on button. is there any way I can fix this?