Galaxy S4 no longer likes to charge
abideedles

About 2 weeks ago, my phone decided it did not want to charge unless I held my tongue just right (not literally).  I use the original base and the original charger cord, but it only charges when it decides to.  It is very frustrating to wake up to grab my phone that should be fully charged and only have 4% for the day.  I have tried plugging it into different wall outlets at my house and into my car, and it makes no difference.  I have tried using other cords, other bases, and all other options I could think of to eliminate the problem with the cord.  No matter what I try, it will barely charge and that's only half of the time.  Most of the time when it says it is charging and not being touched (nor the cord being touched), it will stop charging then start and then stop again.

I have looked at the phone externally and I can only think that the charging port inside the phone is not secure or may have a short in the connection.  What can I do to get this fixed?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 no longer likes to charge
abideedles

I also do not believe there is a problem with the battery.  When it has a full charge (about once a week), it maintains its charge for the correct amount of time.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 no longer likes to charge
kcastil

My son's phone is having the same problem. Just got it 11/29/2013 and now it will cost $150.00 to replace it with a refurbished one. Something just doesn't seem right. From my reading online it seems these Galaxy's have been having this problem for some time (S3 had it). How can Samsung continue to sell this product with this defect? 

0 Likes