Re: Galaxy S4 Texting issue after KitKat 4.4.2 update
irritatedsamsungs4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this issue going on 3 weeks. Since the may update... I've wasted 6 hours total on hold with Verizon to resolve this issue to no avail. They have had me troubleshoot through tier 2 and then replaced the device with a brand new phone. Same issue.  This one didn't make it 10 mins before it started. I am more than disappointed with how many hoops I have had to jump through to get 0 results. I haven't even called them back because my next call will be to switch service providers. I am too the point of restarting my phone every half a dozen texts. Good luck with your phone my is about to go in the garbage. Metro here I come!

0 Likes
irritatedsamsungs4
Enthusiast - Level 2

BBB. They love this kind of thing.

bulldog_472
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's funny they say it's a Samsung issue, when the only provider having this issue is Verizon!!  I know people on AT&T and Sprint that are not having any issues.  I'm not sure if they have done anything, but I have noticed mine is not failing as much, but still dones every so often. 

0 Likes
suzeq1024

Same problem here.  I tried the suggestion of turning airplane mode on and then off, and that seemed to work, but we'll see for how long.  Very annoying.  I had never had this problem before last week, shortly after I did the software update.

0 Likes
BryanCorazza
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm seeing the same thing.  I'm on my third factory reset and it works for about 24 hours and then starts failing again.  I know lots of folks at work (this is a work phone) with similar issues after updating their S4s.  I've cleared caches, rebooted a million times already.  I want a new phone, you broke mine.  Very frustrated.

0 Likes
rascalz98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems here!!! irritating!

0 Likes
drasticscars

2 days now and still having text fails.Always worked before,so what's the problem Verizon?

0 Likes
cazimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon - are you out there? Do you care?

0 Likes
snapple
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with mine. Had it at Verizon franchise store for over an hour and they tried to fix it and could not, they tried everything and wound up sending me a new phone. I took the new phone into the franchise store to have them activate it and update it because I wanted my phone to be right there in case there was a problem with it.

2 weeks later the new phone has just developed a problem this morning with the camera freezing up, not wanting to open and crashing. Pulling the battery out did not help, then I pulled the battery and sim card and for now it seems to be working but still lags and will probably crash again. I am anticipating another visit to the Verizon store and if it's not a quick fix, I am going to ask them to take the KitKat update off. bleh. Not how I want to spend my day.

0 Likes
GDKruger

Loved my S4, but since KitKat I am disappointed. I've had the black screensaver problem, and the failed texting issue since the update.  This is not a Verizon only problem, this is an KitKat 4.4.2 issue at least on Samsung products. I've not bothered with Verizon support; past experience leaves it wanting.  My online research here and in other droid forums demonstrates a hard reset is not the solution, nor will replacing the hardware solve the problem.  My work around fix for the texting issue is to place the phone into airplane mode for a second, this seems to reinitialize the connection and my texts will go through.  Until an update or patch to correct these issues is released, I doubt there will be any real "fixes".

0 Likes