Re: Galaxy S4 Texting issue after KitKat 4.4.2 update
BillC781
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the 'for what it's worth' category - I just cleared all my default app settings and Messaging actually began working again.

I don't know which app was the issue or that an app WAS an issue.  Just telling everyone what I did and that it somehow seemed to work.  However, I'm skeptical that it will last.

0 Likes
dickwols
Enthusiast - Level 2

If by now you may think that you've stumbled upon the "silver bullet" that fixes the texting problem for you but  please don't be so naive as to think that it will fix it permanently. All of the "Verizon needs to fix this now", or "Verizon needs to acknowledge the problem" comments that have been uttered so many times here ad nausea with no admission of any responsibility is truly laughable and at the same time very sad. Verizon does not care. Don't you folks get it??? Continue clearing your cache, hard resetting your phone and turning your airplane mode on and off 3 times a day if you want but it won't fix your problem nor will it make you a happy customer. Only thing you can do is move to another provider. Otherwise continue to see Verizon mum on this subject. They are hoping you all will just move up to a Galaxy 5 already. And when a problem specific to a Galaxy 5 makes itself a problem maybe by saying nothing you will all move to the next newest phone that they may be offered. People, you are paying big bucks every month and getting no resolutions to frustratingly real problems.   No acknowledgement of problem = no anticipated fix !!!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

In another post in another thread, one person did a lot of testing and determined that by disabling Google+, he could send MMS messages again.

Settings | Application manager

Scroll to the right till you see All.

Scroll down to Google+

Force Stop, Clear Cache and Data.

Disable it.

Power down and power back on.

See if your messaging works.

0 Likes
drDone

Same texting issue with my S4 for a few weeks now. No texting issue on my wife's S3 after the Kit Kat update.  Mine won't be fixed by disabling Google+, as I've had it disabled for months. Getting really frustrating when you can't respond to an urgent text.

0 Likes
kpretzel

Same texting problem here!  Got onto this site looking for a solution.  Looks like there is none.  It is so frustrating because sometimes the texts are very important and need to go through immediately.....and they don't!!!!!  

0 Likes
DeltaGolf1275

I'll toss my hat in the ring too.  Couldn't understand the problem or why it was happening and thought I would do a search.  Turns out...I'm not alone.  YAY!  Hard resets and replacement phones are the absolute last ditch option for me.  I spend way too much time getting apps and everything setup on my phone to have to start over.  I havent found a simple, 1 app solution to getting my phone back to the way it looked.

It is obviously a KitKat problem.  It obviously has to do with the Verizon network.  I am on the borderline of 3G/4G but never had an issue with sending texts.  I can receive texts.  The Airplane Mode is a work around.  I have just been re-booting my phone which also works for awhile.

Need a KitKat 4.4.3 update ASAP that fixes this Verizon issue!!!

Done...

0 Likes
ljordan119
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a chat with a Samsung Customer support agent today

Agent: thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Customer: I would like to know when the 4.4.3 update will be available to me

Agent: I understand that you want to know if 4.4.3 update is available. Is that correct?

Customer: I am sick and tired of this phone not performing since the 4.4.2 update

Agent: I will be glad to assist you

Customer: you are correct

Agent: Are you referring to Galaxy S 4 (SCH-i545)?

Customer: yes

Customer: I am with Verizon

Agent: Thank you.

Agent: May I have three minutes while I get the required information? Meanwhile, to have an
interactive experience of Samsung products, visit us at http://samsungsimulator.com/

Customer: please do

Agent: I appreciate your patience.

Customer: OK

Agent: I have checked the information; I would like to inform that 4.4.2 is the latest update
available. However, if 4.4.3 update is released there will be a notification on Samsung web page.

Agent: I will forward your concern to our related department, so they can work on it.

Customer: are you telling me the Samsung is not currently rolling out the 4.4.3 update now and I
still have to put up with this Samsung brick? Do I understand that correctly?

Agent: Yes, you are correct.

Agent: I will forward your concern to our related department, so they can work on it.

Customer: Am that is Samsung customer service?

Customer: And that is Samsung customer service?

Customer: that is not very good is it?

Agent: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you

Agent: I would have definitely helped you, if there was an option.

Agent: However, if 4.4.3 update is released there will be a notification on Samsung web page.

Customer: well I am going to post this to the Verizon forum. I know the rest of the S4 users
will be happy to hear this. Thank you.

Agent: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: no

Agent: Have I answered all your questions?

Customer: Yes

Agent: Have a Great Day!

Agent: We thank

Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

likely this agent was not in a position to help you and has no idea if or when a patch might be made available. you should have told them how you accepted the OTA update, performed a FDR and still the device operation is unreliable. what does your warranty say? by any chance did you purchase the phone with an AMEX card? if so i think you would have an extra year added to the warranty.

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also contacted Samsung via the computer.  My phone was purchased in March, they asked me to send in my phone, I sent it in on a Tuesday, had it back the next Tuesday.  I don't know what they did, all the paperwork says is "replaced component".  I have been using it for a week, with only two text fails.  Compared to the 50 to 80% text fails daily prior to sending it in, I'm pretty happy.

0 Likes
Bob3589

Verizon,

The update is out from Google for version 4.4.4, where is it?  When will you push it, this is two versions ahead of the kit krap version you pushed to my phone.   When will you push this update out!!

0 Likes