Galaxy S4 Stuck at Verizon Screen after Update
keeganskateszero

Hello,

An update for my Samsung Galaxy S4 was pushed to my phone this morning. After installing the update my phone restarted and got stuck in the Verizon Splash window. I left it for 10 mins, but the phone did not boot past this screen. I then removed the battery, let my phone sit for a few minutes, and rebooted. This did not fix the issue. I then removed the battery, sim card, and the micro sd, let it sit for a few minutes, and tried rebooting again. No fix again. I then tried to boot into safe mode, but that did not work either. Next I went into recovery mode, wiped the cache once, and tried rebooting. Still no fix. I then went ahead with the Factory Reset/Format and another cache wipe afterwards. This did not fix my problem. When I select reboot from the recovery menu the Android figure "dies" and displays the word "Error" beneath it.

Is there anything else I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 Stuck at Verizon Screen after Update
keeganskateszero

Spoke with Live Support and they helped me order a replacement phone. I am quite pleased with the outcome as I was expecting to have to purchase myself a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 Stuck at Verizon Screen after Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

keeganskateszero We're glad that live chat was able to help. Please keep us posted on the outcome once you receive your replacement.

Sheritah_vzw

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes