Galaxy S4 MTP timing out
DevilDog6112

I have an S4 with the latest updates, running 4.2.2 and have Samsung Kies 2.6.0.13064_2 which says it is the latest version.  I do not want all of my photos/videos/music synchronized to my SD card so I am trying to copy the files using windows explorer.  I am running windows 7 64-bit.  Whenever I navigate to the SD card and try to copy an image to it, it attempts for a couple of minutes and eventually times out saying the file cannot be copied.  I can copy from the SD card to my PC but not the PC to the SD card.

When using Kies, contacts and calendar sync well but when including some music playlists, it never completes.  I selected a single itunes playlist with one song and it took hours and never finishes.

I have read posts about issues with MTP and changing to drivers enabling USB mode but really do not want to go that route.  I just want the interface to work as it did with previous Android devices I have used.  I came across a post about the S3 and deleting an entry in the windows registry, but that entry did not exist in my registry.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 MTP timing out
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had some timeouts with a Galaxy S4 this weekend too. I don't have Kies installed and was just using the MTP connection. I was able to disconnect and reconnect the device and finish the transfer of files from the computer (Win7-64 bit) to the S4.

I don't know how much my issues are related to the phone itself. I have in the past had similar challenges with this same USB port when connecting other phones (Eris, Tbolt and Nexus). It is inconsistent too. I have tried the other USB port on the computer and sometimes it is a better more stable connection. I couldn't use that other port since it was already in use this time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes