Re: Galaxy S4 KitKat Update Causing Major Issues With Data Speed and Text Messaging
dickwols
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using Hangouts is not the solution. I liked when it was strictly viewed as a video chat. Now its become a hybrid of sorts and difficult and confusing to use as a texting tool. Do as search to find what I mean. Also, Hangouts uses "data" but the native texting app does not. 

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 KitKat Update Causing Major Issues With Data Speed and Text Messaging
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Image removed as required by

For text failing....after 7 phone calls to Verizon, each lasting at least an hour, troubleshooting of the phone, a hard reset, ticket being submitted, being told to use Verizon Messages, I was told last week that I would just have to wait until an update came out fixing what the last update did.  Starting 3 days ago, now my phone only receives 1/2 of the calls.  Sometimes it will ring, other times - straight to voice mail...back on the phone with Verizon.  More troubleshooting, reset sent to the phone, tech calls me, it goes through...must mean its fixed.  These texts were sent starting 30 seconds after hanging up with Verizon...notice the only one that didn't fail??  ha ha.  Oh, and the phone calls being fixed??  Verizon automated follow up call??  Straight to voice mail.  Would love to actually receive the service that I am paying for!!

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
DavidJamesII

Really

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
DavidJamesII

?

0 Likes
DavidJamesII

Not

0 Likes
DavidJamesII

New phone coming accout closing

0 Likes
ljordan119
Enthusiast - Level 2

The solution is for Samsung, Verizon and/or Google to make good on their product. It that is a S5, then so be it if they want to keep their customers. The way this is going, this will for sure drive Verizon customers to other sevice providers. These issues and Verizon not working to solve it is very bad customer advertisment and Verizon seems not to be working to solve it. We are all witnessing that for sure.

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not really sure how posting a picture of a bunch of blacked out text messages that FAILED violated Verizon's terms of service.  It is showing the problem that I am having with the phone, not sweeping it under the rug, and pretending that it isn't happening.  Can you advise Verizon??@VZWSupport

ljordan119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon knows what the problems is, so does Smasung and so does google. It is the 4.4.2 KitKat update. Everyone knows. All of the forums are saying the same thing. These issues did nto start until the update was rolled out. Why doesn't Verizon take ownership of the problem and fix it. The S5 does not seem to be having the same problem as the S4 with the 4.4.2 software.

The solution is for Samsung, Verizon and/or Google to make good on their product. It that is a S5, then so be it if they want to keep their customers. The way this is going, this will for sure drive Verizon customers to other sevice providers. These issues and Verizon not working to solve it is very bad customer advertisment and Verizon seems not to be working to solve it. We are all witnessing that for sure.

0 Likes
Phaley504
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the highest level of tech support basically said they are working on an update to fix the issues.  The only thing you can do at this point is do a rollback to Jellybean.  However, they do not recommend it for business critical devices because it is basically a workaround that if done improperly can cause more issues.  They basically sent me the Google search results for rolling back to Jellybean.

I have not performed the rollback yet because I want to find the best/most reputable one. 

0 Likes