Highlighted

Galaxy S4 Contact Problem?

Hello,

So I updated my Galaxy S4 to 4.2 a little bit ago and since then when I try to write a new text message, non of my contacts come up when i begin typing in their name. Say for instance I want to text my friend Andrew so I begin to type "Andrew" and all that comes up when I get to "And" is other contacts that don't even have those letters in them, and by the time i finish typing andrew, no one shows up.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the location of the contacts because i tried going into my contacts and clicking import from SD card, but it says there are non on my card.

I hope this is an easy fix because its turning out to be a nuisance and annoying to text people. I have also talked to other friend that have this phone and they are not having this problem.

Thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy S4 Contact Problem?

Expert

Are your contacts synced with Google instead?

Have you checked out the other discussions on this topic in the Galaxy S4 space in the community? I know there was at least one other one I have read here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

No they're not synced to Google, because i go to the menu and click "Contacts to Display" and when I choose it to display the contacts from my gmail account none come up, and when I pick device, they're all there.

And no I haven't checked I'm sorry. I have Googled it several different ways with different terms and havent come up with anything.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Scrolling down works too.

Typing the name works for me. Perhaps the format of the numbers is a factor.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay I guess I'll keep searching, thanks.

0 Likes

I had the same exact problem....all I did to fix it was restart my phone.  Hope this helps

0 Likes
Covid19