Galaxy S4 Contact Problem?
TTails

Hello,

So I updated my Galaxy S4 to 4.2 a little bit ago and since then when I try to write a new text message, non of my contacts come up when i begin typing in their name. Say for instance I want to text my friend Andrew so I begin to type "Andrew" and all that comes up when I get to "And" is other contacts that don't even have those letters in them, and by the time i finish typing andrew, no one shows up.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the location of the contacts because i tried going into my contacts and clicking import from SD card, but it says there are non on my card.

I hope this is an easy fix because its turning out to be a nuisance and annoying to text people. I have also talked to other friend that have this phone and they are not having this problem.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 Contact Problem?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your contacts synced with Google instead?

Have you checked out the other discussions on this topic in the Galaxy S4 space in the community? I know there was at least one other one I have read here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TTails

No they're not synced to Google, because i go to the menu and click "Contacts to Display" and when I choose it to display the contacts from my gmail account none come up, and when I pick device, they're all there.

And no I haven't checked I'm sorry. I have Googled it several different ways with different terms and havent come up with anything.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Scrolling down works too.

Typing the name works for me. Perhaps the format of the numbers is a factor.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TTails

Okay I guess I'll keep searching, thanks.

0 Likes
glee8982

I had the same exact problem....all I did to fix it was restart my phone.  Hope this helps

0 Likes