Re: Galaxy S4 Active???
ChristiM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with you all that the range of smartphone options is frustrating and would like to add my voice screaming for the Samsung S4 Active... not the Casio or any other phone. We want the S4 Active. And please stop downplaying our intelligence as consumers by suggesting that we have not researched the difference or by trying to sell accessories to give the illusion of imitating a superior product. Simply acknowledge that we, the consumers, know what we want.

That being said to Verizon, this is for the rest of you... Give poor Johnathan a break. Have none of you really put together that Samsung made an exclusivity deal with AT&T and that Verizon is powerless to do anything about it until the term of the deal is up? If you're really that unhappy, then go. I don't know about you all, but the horror stories I hear from friends & family on the other providers far eclipse any irritation I've ever had with Verizon. In case y'all didn't know this, the service provider doesn't make phones... they are given product lines available from the manufacturers and then decide which to pick up from what's available. Right now, I'm beyond frustrated with my Droid X2 deciding to crap out right before renewal time, but that is the phone. Let's all be civil and informed  consumers and make our desires known without resorting to childish threats and name calling.

So, in short...

1) Verizon: Please communicate with Samsung that your customers are very much interested in the Galaxy S4 Active and let us know that you at least hear us and will do what you can, though you refuse to make empty promises.

2) Customers: Either leave or act like grown ups. If you're old enough to be a client, you're too old to be throwing tantrums.

Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just think it is humorous that the VZW rep said their smartphone lineup is second to none.

AT&T has every single top smartphone that VZW has.  By top I mean S4, iPhone 5, Note 2, HTC One, and S4 Active.

Not only do they have the Active, but they have the HTC One in 32/64 GB versions, and they have a Red S4. 

AT&T has a significantly superior smartphone lineup to VZW.

VZW, you can continue to claim you have the best network because you do.  But don't fool yourself or try to fool us by saying you have the best smartphone lineup, because AT&T is blowing you away.  If nothing that should at least scratch your pride and motivate you to improve.

For me, I was waiting for the HTC One.  I've been seriously considering going to AT&T to get the 64GB version because it's unlikely VZW will get it, and even if they do it looks like it will be Sept (yeah that isn't "soon").  But I'm leaning towards just getting the regular S4.  It's a very nice phone and it has a better screen and camera than the S4 active.

It just would be nice to have the same choices AT&T customers have.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Buy a Trident armoured case that will protect your GS4 better then the built in's the Active offers. Then you won't have to settle for a dumbed down GS4.

0 Likes
mnoe860

I just visited the ATT site to read customer reviews on the Active and it doesn't seem the design construction is all that promising.  Numerous reports of the phone leaking when exposed to water arguably splash resistant at best.  If this isn't fixed I would venture to say Verizon will never carry the line since they don't like to deal with these kind of customer service issues imo that is why they always wait to release phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your feedback Merlin13! We understand devices may differ from carrier to carrier; however, we are still confident our devices are no deficient. It is certainly up to you what is most important, network or device. Please be assured we will definitely have more exciting devices in the near future. My question for you would be, what good is a device without the most advanced and reliable network? We appreciate your patience and we look forward to continue serving your wireless needs for years to come!

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PDawg2013
Contributor - Level 1

Well Jonathan_VZW,

Your network is slowing and is not the best offering in allot of areas I travel to and rootmetrics show it:

http://rootmetrics.com/compare-carriers/united-states/washington-dc/washington-dc-july-2013/

This is only one city that other carriers are catching VZW coverage and speeds. I moved to AT&T because their service is faster and on par with VZW while giving me allot more phone choices without vital functions stripped out and craptastic bloatware inserted by my cell company that should only be providing me cellular service. With VZW's phone lineup and slowing data speeds, I made the jump before the congestion gets worse and throttles me down to the slow CDMA speeds your company is know for on 3G. On AT&T I still get fast 4G LTE speeds (17MB download and 9 MB upload) and pretty swift HSPA+ speeds (around 8MB down and 3MB up) when I can't get 4G LTE. Let customers know what speeds they get when they lose 4G LTE on VZW. I'll let them know because it was part of the reason I left after 16 years: 3G on VZW will get you about 900kb down and 128kb up if your lucky. By the time I left VZW on 6 July 2013, my Galaxy S3 with 4G LTE showing on the screen was only pulling 2mb down and 500kb up. This was from the 4th replacement phone that your company sent me. After further troubleshooting, the network technician had to admit that it was network saturation driving my speeds down and to not be upset because it was covered in the "fine print" of my contract related to possibly not being able to get true 4G LTE all the time in a known 4G LTE area. Congestion is a mother huh?

dj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually the Verizon Lineup is second to AT&T if no others just by the fact that you don't offer this phone.

Second.

Place.

dj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jonathan,

Did you miss the part where VZW cancels your unlimited data plan if you upgrade you phone unless you pay full price?  VZW is not nice to its customers, I am sorry to say.

HLansford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny how this happens huh?  Myself, and every other person I know who has Verizon has the same exact issue. 

0 Likes
MAK_LTC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, first time replying here. I'm also looking for the for S4 Active. Have been with Verizon for life, better said I had and still have their first flip phone. Sad to say it looks like it's time to go elsewhere. Granted they have the best network, but today if you live in a large city that really isn't an issue any more, 10 years ago I would argue that, but not today.

As for the "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" posting, I have one question, WHERE IS THEIR SUPPORT TODAY. That seemed to vanish several years ago. I have 3 Smart phone users under my plan today. We all had the Droid 2 and the Droid 4. Better said together in the last 3 to 4 years we have 19 of these so called top of the line phones. Several of these phone I had to spend the $99.00 fee for replacement. When the Droid 4 came out I was assured by Verizon all my problems would go away. Needless to say they got worse, with all the problems we had from these phones.

I'll just tell you 1 and you can guess the rest. WE CAN NOT CALL OR RECEIVE PHONE CALLS. YOU KNOW, WHAT THE BASIC FUNCTION OF THE PHONE IS FOR. The front ear piece will distort and get worse after only 1 week of use. When answering a call, OOPS sorry can't tell you about that, the screen and buttons lock up, YOU CAN'T , you have to shut down and restart the phone and call them back. And yes we have cleared all that is possible for memory access and also upgraded the OS when ever it was available. Also you can't say I had a bad phone, you can say I had 19 bad phones from Verizon

At 2 location in my area I tried to have them exchange for other models, and that was fine as long as I paid FULL price for the new phone. So needless to say I'm going on 4 years with phones from Verizon that don't even work as a phone. I gave up on having them replaced. OK so where is your customer service???? After doing allot of research the Galaxy S4 Active is the next phone I'll be getting and it looks like it won't be with Verizon. And to mnoe860 on the GS4 Active, the TV commercial does say there water prof, but on line you will see that they are labeled as water resistant. I guess you can thank lawyers for that.

It's a shame that the Company went this way, but what can I say, like I said before, I'm going on my 4 year with phone's that do not function properly and Verizon just won't lift a finger to help a life time cell phone customer. That's pretty sad for a top cell phone company.