Re: Galaxy S3 not sending picture messages
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a model number, android version, baseband version, kernel version, build number, and hardware version. No software version.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The build and the kernel information equals the software version. The baseband is also sometimes important too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
daniel77

my S3 will not send pics either. was there a resolution to the problem?

0 Likes
cede822
Enthusiast - Level 2

my husband and I both have been swap out from a samsung galaxy nexus and motorola droid razz max to samsung galaxy s3 and both can no longer send picture text. we found that if a picture keeps trying to send for mins turn phone of reboot it will then send the picture. never had this with the old phones. seem its a galaxy s3 issue some where... I'll be calling tech support...third party app is not causing this because if you shut phone down it does work ago but after a day it stops working again..

0 Likes
cede822
Enthusiast - Level 2

just found out on me, and my husbands Samsung galaxy s3 the wifi is causing it. i turn wifi off  it sent it right away. it should work with wifi on but for some reason to send picture messages if you have wifi on turn it off. read on other message boards a lot of people been have a problems sending pictures message with wifi on. bug in software on galaxy s3 ????? because are old phone never had this problem.... I will call tech support and hopefully they know about this and fix it with the 4.3 update because a lot of people have this problem.

0 Likes
cede822
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon tech and so far seems to be working right. tech had me update roaming on sim card, and it seems it worked. right now I can send pictures on wifi, and it sends it supper fast too... might work for some one too. open dialer hit star228 call says updated sims roaming updated  and seen my picture texts work fine... call tech talk to them ask if will help. thanks tech support..

Nutsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just tried the star228 sim update and I can send pictures again.     Thanks!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

a verizon tech recommended *228 to update roaming on a smart phone?????

that's a no-no on a smart phone, it updates every time the phone is rebooted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help cede822! Unfortunately MMS messages are not eligible to be sent via WIFI on the listed device. This would be normal functionality of the listed device. In order to send MMS, you would need to be connected to the active VZW network. My apologies that WIFI would not be able to be utilized for this option. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

neither mms or sms messages can be sent/received over wi-fi.

0 Likes