Galaxy S3 not sending picture messages
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two weeks after receiving the S3, it quit sending picture messages. To anyone, no matter what network or phone they had. I called Verizon Tech Support and they had me do all these non wonderful working things, and finally told me I would have to do a factory reset. We all know how much of a pain a factory reset is. It worked, for about a week. Now it is not sending picture messages again. Anyone else have this problem? I shouldn't have to do a factory reset every week or two. This is ridiculous. Is this a common problem? And if so, why hasn't it been fixed yet. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 not sending picture messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kamryn, let's get you back connected via text message! Have you downloaded a 3rd party Text Messaging application to your device? If so, I recommend that you delete that application. Addtionally, you will also need to delete any unwanted text messaging conversations and power your phone off/on to soft reset it. I trust that these steps will improve the performance of your device. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not able to send picture text messages to this day. I was told by my local Verizon store it was the software and that I needed to wait for a software update. Still waiting!! Pay $200 a month for phone lines and now I can't even connect via wifi or connect to the internet period. I'm almost so done with Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If your phone is still under warranty, or you have the extended warranty, request a different phone. Sounds like it's the phone itself.  I have the S3 (one of the very first) and have never had a problem. Do you have your data on when sending mms?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kamryn,

Let's get to the bottom! After reviewing the thread, I see we inquired if you were using a 3rd party messaging application? Please advise. Additionally while attempting to send picture messages are you connected via wi-fi or the VZW network? Are you able to receive picture messages? Do you experience the issue in all areas? Current zip code? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I am not using a 3 party messaging application. It does not matter if I am connected via wifi or the Verizon network. Sometimes it will send messages on either wifi or Verizon and sometimes it won't. It really is hit or miss. I am able to receive picture messages. Happens in all areas, whether I have 4 bars, or 1 bar. Whether I'm on 3g or 4g. 98273 is the zip code. I was told by a Verizon rep that I need to wait for some update to come out, I was told that in July and still waiting.

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, data is on. I can receive, sending is the issue. I do have a replacement lmao and it has the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding on this matter Kamryn! I'm rolling up my sleeves as I'm determined to get this issue resolved for you. May I ask what software and android version do you have installed on the Galaxy S III? this information can be found under Settings > About Device. Once you post this information then we can cross reference to the most current info that we have on file. Also, can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? If you can share how much device memory that you have on the SGS3 then that would be great.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android Version 4.1.2 and 16 GB memory with 8 gb available. I do not see where is says software version. No damage to the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kamryn wrote:

Android Version 4.1.2 and 16 GB memory with 8 gb available. I do not see where is says software version. No damage to the phone.

The software version should be in one of the rows either above or below the Android version information in the About Phone section of the Settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes