Re: Galaxy S3 doesn't work in Mexico?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you make sure it was in global mode (menu>settings>more...>mobile networks>network mode)?

0 Likes
lkz8776
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes absolutely.  I tried every setting I could find and tested it on 2 trips to Mexico but nothing worked. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S3 doesn't work in Mexico?
yoursave12

even if iusacell uses the same freq they still are cdma company thats why your s3 doesn't work trust me i sell lots of US phones in mexico and iusacell always gives me trouble they take different activation process none of my s3 clients have any issues with there phones on telcel but all the ones on iusacell end up going to telcel

0 Likes
Galaxy S3 doesn't work in Mexico?
yoursave12

and as of last year there is a new rule for cellphone companies here in usa they have to sell all of their 4g cellphones unlocked because 4g phones are capable of running cdma and gsm chips so dont trust them when they tell you that they can unlocked because is already unlocked from factory

0 Likes
luii

Hi, excuse me I am able to buy an s3 for verizon, and I want to use it in Mexico with telcel, but I have a question When you used telcel's network in Mexico you get 3G or 4G speed in DATA? I mean that's why I am worried I am not sure if verizon's s3 are GSM 3G and 4G DATA capable in Telcel's network, Could you please help me? Thanks a lot!!!!

0 Likes
shadokastur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, you don't have to be a customer for 6 months to get International access.  You do, however, have to get your credit approved to have the features put on the line.  Next time you call in have the rep look in his resources on how to do this.  They have to get you to another department that can authorize this transaction but it CAN be done.

0 Likes
casperaz

I am in Mexico right now! I put a Telcel Chip in my Galaxy S3! And it asked me to go to GLobal MOde! So I did! And it works! Just that! It says its in Roamin? With the Big R on top!!! Does this happen? How did your work? I confused! Hope to here from you IKZ8776!!

0 Likes
lkz8776
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have the latest firmware (4.1.2) it should work fine and not be in Roaming mode.  You shouldn't see the "R".  I used to use Telcel but now I use Movistar in Mexico.  Both work in the Galaxy S3 (But IUSACell does not work).  And yes you should be in Global Mode.

0 Likes
Odogxb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand this thread is a few months old but sometimes you need to add the APN setting for the network you are using in Mexico. Below is a How to I wrote up on making your smartphone work in Mexico, the service provider in Mexico will not help you with the APN setting but it is easy to do. This message is also for those who will be interested for future travel to Mexico or abroad. https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1055001

0 Likes