Galaxy S3 crashing after verizon update 1/8/2014
rg7712

so my phone got an update over the night and now it boots and crashes every 5 minutes. Is any one else having this problem what do I do?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 crashing after verizon update 1/8/2014
twozbotz

I too received the update but no crashing issues. I hope you get that resolved.

0 Likes
toph52

My wifi (removed) after the update, what can be done?

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
auto55

Same thing is happening to my Note 2.  The update came in this morning 1/8/2014 and the message "Application has crashed" pops up constantly.  There is a prompt to report the problem but it doesn't work...pressing the Report button just gives you options on how to report...but never sends anything.  I knew this morning,g when I saw the update, it was going to be a bad day.

0 Likes
toph52

Sorry, I'm a little irritated my wifi is turning on and off or I get an error of "unstable signal". I never had this before, does anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be changed or what?

0 Likes
emsweat

problems here too Smiley Sad  I can not use the phone tab to dial a number.  Error says "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped" but contacts seem to be fine.  The problem occurs when I hit the green phone tab.  I can still call anyone already in my phone as a contact but cannot dial a new number.  Have tried all hints I could find about clearing cache but problems still occurs. Update downloaded yesterday 1/8/2014 in the AM and it has been broken since then.

0 Likes
melika107

I was able to resolve this by installing Contacts+ and then clearing my recent calls.

When I called Verizon Technical Support, they had no clue. They also told me they couldn't diagnose my problem while I was talking on the phone that was having the issue. I ended up Googling "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" and found the solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rg7712,
If you are having issues I want to resolve this as soon as possible! If you are still encountering this issue please backup the device and complete a factory reset by following here http://vz.to/1hDCeV4 Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
emsweat

had chat session with tech support yesterday and they had me clear phone app and contacts app which did not fix the problem so they had me do the factory reset.  that solved the problem until I received a call and then the problem came back.  thanks to member who posted about contacts + app.  I installed it this morning and it is working fine but it did take me a few tries to figure out how to answer the phone (swipe right)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

toph52,

We definitely want you to be able to connect; I know how important it is. What specific problems are you having when you try to connect to wi-fi? Is it with all the connections you try? Please try deleting it and re-adding it http://vz.to/1dCYJTd . Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes