Re: Galaxy S3 Sudden Death
sfhoo

My wife's S3 having the same issue. Was using google map to navigate with 90% battery. It shutoff itself and never able to turn back on. That's sad.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cedar_23,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your phone? I would love to help. Is your software up to date on your phone? http://vz.to/OvxmVM Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swoozieb, thanks for trying. Please don't give up yet. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications to your device? Some application software can affect the performance of your devie. Try uninstalling a few applications in the Settings>Manage Apps>Tap the App>tap Uninstall. You will then need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cedar_23

It says "Your SAMSUNG SCH-I535 is up to date."

I did not have to update.

0 Likes
atlooseends

My phone is 2 WEEKS old!!!!! I have the same issue and I am on vacation. Recharging from my computer did not work. So- here is what I remember prior to the shut down. I was logged into the hotel internet. There were 3 check marks up in the upper R hand corner next to where the blue light/ red light is located. There was a Samsung up-date in my list of incoming items (I did not open to read this) along with facebbook status up dates. I checked MYRADAR for weather, then decided to close all open items...the blue light stopped- but I figured it was because it was late and no one was on, and my screen was dark- auto shut off 30 seconds. I pushed the button at bottom of phone and screen did not come back up- so I thought I lost the charge. Went to hotel room, plugged in- nothing. I did not get insurance....it is only 2 weeks old. Thank goodness I brought my computer. AND- what is up with Verison LIVE support?!?!?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atlooseends,

We're here for you! I know how important it is to have your phone while traveling. Charging/connecting to your PC will not have enough power to start the phone. Please connect it to the wall adapter. Does the LED light up? If so, remove/re-insert battery to bring it back to life. Try this  http://vz.to/1gC9D2f

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
swoozieb

Almost April Fool to me! Woke up this morning to a dead phone, again. Not on Wifi over night, not on mobile data, not charging, just sitting on the counter with no action around it. Removed battery and back up and running, again.

0 Likes
cedar_23

So my S3 was already up to date, now what?  I need a faster response time form Verizon Wireless Customer Support!

0 Likes
waduda

Yes I Have experienced this. and because of a cracked screen Verizon wants to charge me more than what the phone is worth for a problem that happened in manufacturing. I'm not sure how this is my problem the battery wont charge the phone is only 5 months in use. This is the biggest rip off I have ever heard of. Verizon should be sued.

0 Likes
swoozieb

Re: post 66. Sudden death on March 31. I went to a Verizon Store on April 1, they checked the phone, no physical damage. Tech did a hard reset (ouch and I lost everything). That tech said it was possible apps but the next day I had to go back to get help reinstalling photos and that tech said cuz it was a computer in a small case, that sudden death was to be expected, not to do any more hard resets. All of this BS. Today, 4/12 the phone died again with start up after removing and inserting battery. I am not going to be removing and inserting the battery all the time. This sudden turn off is happening more and more frequently. I WANT A SOLUTION!!!!

0 Likes