Re: Galaxy S3 Phone 4.4.2 Software Upgrade Problems
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday did another factory reset with the automatic restore off, and left all previous apps off. Yet I am still having the same problems that I did before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you attempting to do the reset, Crystaldgger. The issues you've described are very rare to continue throughout multiple devices and resets. Do you have a screen protector or case being used with your phone? When an application quits, do you receive an error message? Did any applications that provide battery saver, task manar, or antivirus abilities automatically come back to your phone after the most recent update using your same Gmail address?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using an otter box defender series case that comes with a screen protector. When an application quits, there is no error message. Only the default applications for the phone that provide battery saver, task manager, or antivirus came back after the factory resets. When I did the original update, all previous applications were still installed on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, Crystaldgger!

Let's test the device performance with the otterbox case and screen protectors removed.  Let me know how the device responses with them removed.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done so, but it is still experiencing the problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking that additional step Crystaldgger. We have one more reset to try please, make sure your phone is completely backed up again. Then, let's disable 'Automatic Restore' http://vz.to/1eHoicv and complete the factory reset once more http://vz.to/1j03flS. When you set up the phone again, do not restore from backup and skip your Gmail log in until you have an opportunity to use the phone as new for at least 48 hours. Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
DizzyBlondeChic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing with mine. Sometimes it wouldn't even charge overnight. Id unplug it and then I would get the low battery warning and the phone shuts down. It also gets hotter than it did before. Did anyone lose their main screen icons recently? One day they were there, next minute gone. I think it was the update also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you having trouble with your phone, DizzyBlondeChic. Are you using the original home charger that came with the phone? It's normal for a phone to get warmer while charging or in use. Does the phone get excessively hot or heat up when not in use & charging? Icons may change with an update too since the applications may also experience an update along with it. Have you been able to add them back?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes