Galaxy S3 Phone 4.4.2 Software Upgrade Problems
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of weeks ago, I did the 4.4.3 software update for my Galaxy S3. After that I started having the following problems:

• Battery would last only about 8 hours. Before update it would last a good 18 hours before needed to be plugged in.
  • After a little bit of being plugged in, the phone would not awaken from sleep mode, until the battery was taken out, or I guessed where the power off button/ restart button was.
  • Randomly going back to lock screen
  • Randomly quitting apps

When this happened I called tech support, and they had me do a factory reset of my phone, which caused me to lose most of my photographs, and they told me not to load any apps on it for 24 hours. Before the 24 hours were finished, the problems were happening again. So I called up customer support again, and they sent me a refurbished phone, hoping that this would clear up my problem. When I received my refurbished phone, it came with the previous software installed, and it wanted to do the software update, so I let it do that. After the software update, it started having the same problems again, so I called up the tech support line again, and they sent me another refurbished phone. When I received the phone, it came preloaded with the 4.4.2 software. About two days passed before the same problems started again. Now I just need to know what to do next? I need my phone for work, school, and scheduling, and I cannot do any of that because of these problems.

Re: Galaxy S3 Phone 4.4.2 Software Upgrade Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Crystaldgger,

Software updates are supposed to make the device better! I apologize that this did not occur. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Does the issues occur while in a particular application? If you are downloading the same applications to each device, it could be a application specific issue. Are you using the same battery in each device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the original charger that came with the original device. The issue happens randomly, it is not in just one particular app. I am also using the same battery that came with the original device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Crystaldgger,

Which applications does this issue occur in? Have these applications been updated to work with the new KitKat software update http://vz.to/Hvcxpv ? Do you receive a particular error message right before or after the device freezes?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, the applications that have randomly quit  on me are:

• Internet
  • Email
  • Play Store
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Simpsons:Tapped Out
  • AVG: Premium Mobile Security
  • IMDB

There are no error messages at all on the device, before or after it freezes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating it is to have continued issues with your phone Crystaldgger!

I know you just recently got this device, but have you attempted a Hard Reset on it yet? http://vz.to/1nnsj5T

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have attempted a hard reset, to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the step t6o resolve this Crystaldgger. Did you restore all your previous content or used as new after the factory reset? Did you make sure Automatic Restore http://vz.to/1eHoicv was disabled?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Crystaldgger
Enthusiast - Level 2

The automatic restore was disabled, and I did restore all previous content, yet it was still doing the described problems before I put any of the previous content back on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crystaldgger,

I'm glad you clarifies, this is important information. The content should not be restored immediately, we recommend using as new for 48 hrs and then restoring apps slowly so we can determine if any of them are causing the problem.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes