Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 Update - Bluetooth issues - "Unfortunately, Bluetooth Share has stopped"
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1047862#1047862

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 Update - Bluetooth issues - "Unfortunately, Bluetooth Share has stopped"
rainman154620
Enthusiast - Level 1

Count me in for issues using a Galaxy S3 WITH newest software and a 2014 Subaru Forester XT w/ Navigation.

Same issues as everyone above is stating. Oh, how I wish I would have NEVER updated the software. Things were working perfectly BEFORE the update.

Issue is the 4.3 update, not our radios or phones.

PLEASE FIX.

PS - Battery life is horrible now. Wasn't before the update.

betsyyoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay kids, I got the Subaru Navigation upgrade over the weekend.  Didn't solve anything.  This is getting so frustrating!  Subaru asked me what Samsung says when asked about it and I said they turn it back on Subaru, so nobody seems to be accepting responsibility.  I Googled Samsung upgrade and the reports say many customers are experiencing our same issues and they are expecting another upgrade, the 4.4 in March.  If you don't want to/can't wait for that, they say to hard reset the phone Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 Update - Bluetooth issues - "Unfortunately, Bluetooth Share has stopped" or downgrade.  I'm assuming that means downgrade back to the JellyBean 4.2 upgrade...I would LOVE to do that, but not sure how and I'm once bitten, twice shy now.  I continue to drop calls in the car and still don't have texts coming through the stereo/nav screen. Grrrrrr!  I, fortunately, have not experienced the massive battery drain...yay!  I have a 2013 Outback and I'm now wondering if it's a Samsung/Subaru issue, my husband has a Jeep and we have the same phone....no issues for him.  Well, some of his pictures in the Gallery are half blacked out now.  Good times....excellent upgrade Samsung, what was the point?  I don't see ANY feature that was worth it.  Let's hope the one in March puts us back to where we were.  Thanks for all your posts, as frustrating as this is, glad it's not just my phone! Smiley Happy

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen similar reports from Toyota and Ford owners, so it's not just affecting Subaru cars, apparently.

But, yes: this all happened when the 4.3 upgrade from Samsung and Verizon was applied.  My phone is slower, more buggy for Bluetooth connections overall, suddenly flaky WiFi connections, etc. - it's not just our cars.

BTW, you can't downgrade the operating system - Samsung also enabled a security feature that will essentially brick your phone if you try to downgrade from 4.3 on our models.  I have been running stock all this time and wanted to break away from this 4.3-related misery, but it's no longer possible.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Add Kia to the list. It's a Bluetooth issue in general. Not vehicle specific.

0 Likes
BuffyBuff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, add a 2013 Honda Civic to the list -- after the recent update my SIII won't notify me of or read me my incoming text messages.  There are a couple of other things too, but this is the big annoyance.

It's not the end of the world and it is something somewhat foolish to complain about but it is frustrating that an update is supposed to be that, an update, not make your products work worse.

mgsinga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with a new Tundra. Had it for one week prior to the update from Samsung. Then text messages would no longer sync with the vehicle. Did a lot of searching on the internet and learned after the fact, the update stinks. Did everything mentioned in the posts above, including hard reset but no luck. After several weeks all of a sudden with no further action on my part, it started working again. Will definitely do some research before updating the phone again.

derekmuller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to echo this post but point out some differences and emphasize that this is almost assuredly a Samsung/Android 4.3 problem.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus and a Galaxy S3, and Bluetooth has worked wonderfully with Sync. Since 4.3, there have been multiple problems.

First, the phone no longer connects to the car automatically. In fact, it won't do it manually, either. It requires fidgeting with the Bluetooth settings while the car is running. It's by far the bigger problem that it won't happen automatically.

Second, when playing audio over the Bluetooth, sometimes (I haven't figured out exactly what triggers it, but it seems if the audio has been stopped or disrupted briefly by turning off the engine or something in the recent past) the audio will speed up to around 3x for about 3 seconds, then stop altogether for about 3 seconds, and repeat several times, until it finally gets back to normals. This is if I'm listening to a podcast, have navigation instructions going, whatever it is. It's only via Bluetooth.

Googling around, I see this problem has been reported with multiple cars, and with not just cars but Bluetooth compatibility with keyboards, too.

Adding to this thread because it floated to the top of my Google searches.

ButchDye

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II.  Verizon the support you are trying to provide is admirable.

However, after the 4.3 update I have had Bluetooth connecting issues, wireless dropping out

and losing connection, home screen flashing off and on and changing displays.  You are

offering solutions to problems that didn't exist until after the 4.3 update - THE PROBLEM LIES

WITH THE 4.3 UPDATE.  FIX THAT!  Or at least admit that the 4.3 update is a bad update.

0 Likes
CoachGrump
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would also like to add to this. I just bought my 2014 Subaru Outback ( 6 Jan 2014). And I just got my Galaxy S4 (10 Feb 2014). When I got the phone it didn't have the 4.3 software. After the update I have been having nothing but Bluetooth issues. To the point where I'm about to take the phone back and fight to get back into an iPhone. I find it quite annoying driving down the road to see the screen on my head unit drop the phone. Then to pick up the phone and see the message "Unfortunately,  Bluetooth share has stopped".

I have done a lot of the above mentioned to no avail. I have even linked my wife's iPhone and there are no issues at all. So It has to be the software update for Android.

Please fix ASAP. Thanks

0 Likes