Re: Galaxy Apps wont install on Lollipop
uNiVerse555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list... attempted to install three versions of the apk, one supplied from Samsung tech support, none will install.

Factory reset DOES NOT FIX issue.

0 Likes
uNiVerse555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh... Galaxy Essentials is not a fix as it offers software but doesn't do what the app store does which is offer updates to existing apps (long before they are on Play Store).

0 Likes
flnetman62

I am having the same issue and it renders my gear S useless since gear manager needs to be downloaded from galaxy apps. Verizon when will this be fixed?

0 Likes
BobF4

I had the same issue, because I, too, needed Gear Manager.  But, it is still there, just needs a roundabout way to get to it. 

Go into your app drawer.  Hit the Menu button, then choose Galaxy Essentials. From there, I tap the back arrow at the top left of the window.  And now you are at the Galaxy Essentials home page, just as if you launched Galaxy Apps directly from the app drawer.

Oh yeah, on the Galaxy Essentials page that first opens up, you can get Gear Manager.  Easy peasy.

0 Likes
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

GEO NEWS is another application built in to the Galaxy S5; going by the above methods.........its still not showing up in the search bar.

GEO News isn't something I can launch and choose "Check for Updates"; I think I got a notification 2 weeks ago and I cannot remember if I did the update or not.  Without me visualizing the actual app (like Play Store) I don't know if I'm up to date.

So I am really hoping Galaxy Apps is different than the Galaxy Essentials

0 Likes