Re: Galaxy 6 recently dropping calls at home
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you noticed any difference if you change the network mode to LTE/CDMA rather than Global?

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would advise against resetting your network settings at this point.

If you reset your network settings, you will lose all stored wifi network names and passwords stored on your phone. Any bluetooth devices you have paired with your phone you will have to re-pair again.

To identify which path phone calls are taking, look at the areas outlined in red in my image below. The first is 4G LTE, the second is 1x, and the third is wifi calling. Your 4G LTE signal strength looks good @112dBm.

calls.jpg

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

apexi055 wrote:

I would advise against resetting your network settings at this point.

If you reset your network settings, you will lose all stored wifi network names and passwords stored on your phone. Any bluetooth devices you have paired with your phone you will have to re-pair again.

Changing the network mode will not erase any wifi settings or bluetooth settings. And it may help with the call quality and consistency.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

"I would advise against resetting your network settings at this point."

"Changing the network mode will not erase any wifi settings or bluetooth settings."

We are talking about two completely different things.

settings.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STHO, we want to make sure you are able to enjoy great service. Doing a Network Reset will delete any Wi-Fi passwords stored in the device and reset Bluetooth connections. This will also allow you to have a new and fresh connection to our towers. You can find out how to do a reset by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204058/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny, I started having these issues myself.. Swapped sim cards, did a network reset, no luck yet..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your services are working as intended. Are you seeing network issues after 10GB of hotspot or 22GB of phone usage?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes