GS4 OTA 4.3 Update Suspension
BRICK_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, when will you fall inline with the other carriers who have suspended push of the 4.3 update that is bricking or severely crippling the functions of our phones?  In many cases, it is reported that the updates have been suspended at the request of the manufacturer. We understand that the issue is with the manufacturer's update, however, you answer to your customers who pay for your service delivery.   It is hard to believe that Verizon, one of the largest global carriers, has not also had a similar conversation.  Other more verbal members of this forum have seemingly gotten so frustrated that they have gone silent at the lack of credible and meaningful response from our service provider.  Maybe they have already jumped ship.  My first GS4 was bricked many weeks ago at the very beginning of this process and my original post has been buried.... long before the more recent deluge of complaints.  You have known about this for much longer than most users have even speculated and have failed to respond appropriately.  We are past the point of even caring about that now.  We would just like to stop having to factory reset our phones and click past the update notification nag.  If it is true that some phones have not been affected after update then make the update optional with PC tether and suspend the OTA.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GS4 OTA 4.3 Update Suspension
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Brick'd
Its not an official position. But some applications may not work or cause the device to act differentlyafter the update. That's why I would recommend a hard reset after a software update. Your personal data should not be effected by a software update but I would recommend backing it up prior to a hard reset.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Brick'd,

Having a working phone is definitely a must!

Which device do you currently have (S4 or S4 Mini)? What specific issues are you experiencing after the recent update? Have you tried performing a hard reset after the update? This is sometime required after a major software update.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
BRICK_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

S4 VRUAME7.  Thank you for not answering my question.  Is it now Verizon's official position that a hard reset should be performed after OTA updates of this nature?  The reason I ask is because my nagging update notification only warns of the 13 minutes of downtime for the update to be completed.  It says nothing of a hard reset requirement or a warning about preservation of personal data.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Brick'd
Its not an official position. But some applications may not work or cause the device to act differentlyafter the update. That's why I would recommend a hard reset after a software update. Your personal data should not be effected by a software update but I would recommend backing it up prior to a hard reset.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes