GPS not locking in with Samsung Galaxy S6
SOY78

Just tried the GPS feature with Gmaps and Waze and the GPS won't lock on at all.

Tried to reset, safe mode, turning off and on even a clean factory reset with the same result of no GPS signal...

I thought I was getting a great upgrade from the S4 to the S6 but I guess I got unlucky with my S6,

because my wife's Note 5, the GPS works flawlessly...

0 Likes
Re: GPS not locking in with Samsung Galaxy S6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SOY78, having the ability to use all the features and functions of your device is super important. Help has arrived to ensure we get your GPS up and running. Has this feature ever worked on this device? How long has this been happening? It was stated that you did a factory data reset. May I know your exact steps on how you did the reset?

0 Likes
SOY78

I just tried to use the GPS feature using Gmaps app and Waze app 2 weeks after I got the phone from Costco with the GPS feature not locking in.  The factory reset I went through from settings, Bakcup and resetm and Factory data reset...still not working after that reset so I think I will have to return the phone and get a new one and make sure that the GPS feature works on the spot at the Costco where I purchased it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Soy78 Getting your GPS to work is important, and it sounds like this may be more of a setting on your phone. What make and model phone do you have? Have you updated your software lately? You have to grant permissions for the apps to use your GPS do you have your location turned on in settings?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SOY78

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6, the rest of the answers are Yes and yes Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep working on this issue, SOY78. When you say the GPS is not locking on, what specifically is happening when you press the locate button (the eye-sight option)? Is there any error message that is showing? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SOY78

On gmaps app it has a small circle in the middle and a big transparent blue circle around that one.  On Waze app it says "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SOY78, we will do our best to get the GPS location working for you. Let’s troubleshoot the device. Please clear the cache/data for the Google Map and test it out. Let us know how it works. Do you have a protective case on the device?

ZangY_VZW

0 Likes