Freezing issues
jessicatoyia

I have never had issues with my Samsung Galaxy S3 until about a month ago when I updated to 4.1.3.  Ever since then, it freezes about 5-10 times a day.  I have did a soft reset, a master reset, wiping the cache partition...everything except downgrading of which I read bricks your phone.  I've deleted content from the cloud.  I've uninstalled certain apps that I was told could be the problem such as google chrome.  I have even tried using Dummy File Generator.  I do not know what else to do.  Can someone please help me?  I am trying to avoid sending it to Samsung which would mean at least a week without a phone.  Please please help me!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Freezing issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessicatoyia Greetings!  We understand the frustration that has been caused with your device issues. At this time, you have tried all troubleshooting and there we do not recommend sending your phone in for evaluation. Samsung is working on a fix for the software update but we do not have an eta of when this will be resolved. You are not alone in what is going on with your device. We ask for your patience as we know how important it is to have a fully functioning device.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessicatoyia Greetings!  We understand the frustration that has been caused with your device issues. At this time, you have tried all troubleshooting and there we do not recommend sending your phone in for evaluation. Samsung is working on a fix for the software update but we do not have an eta of when this will be resolved. You are not alone in what is going on with your device. We ask for your patience as we know how important it is to have a fully functioning device.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
smimargie

Thank you for letting us know that there is a fix on the way. My phone is inoperable until then. Is there NOTHING we can do? Just wait??  I've done all the troubleshooting jessicatoyia has done. My phone lasts minutes before completely draining, it freezes when it is "working" and has significant wake lag. It even drains while charging?! I am in a job that does not allow me to be without a phone. Please keep us posted on the development of a fix.Thanks!

0 Likes