Fix phone screen before edge up?
DavidMartin

Hello,

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge that is on the edge program. I am far enough into the payments (past 50%) so I have the option to trade it back in and get a new phone. Today, I dropped and cracked the screen and lcd. I do not have a protection plan. Verizon and Samsung (to my knowledge) do not offer to fix screens (even for a higher cost) for non-protection plan people. This means that I have no way of legitimately fixing my phone.

If I go to a 3rd party store to get the screen fixed, can I still then trade in my phone once it is in working condition again and edge up?

Feel free to ask any questions if I was not clear.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fix phone screen before edge up?
rcschnoor
Legend

DavidMartin wrote:

Verizon and Samsung (to my knowledge) do not offer to fix screens (even for a higher cost) for non-protection plan people. This means that I have no way of legitimately fixing my phone.

I don't believe this is quite true. You can initiate a repair request at the following Samsung website:

Samsung

DavidMartin wrote:

If I go to a 3rd party store to get the screen fixed, can I still then trade in my phone once it is in working condition again and edge up?

No, repairing it at an unauthorized repair facility will result in you having to pay the full amount of the device after you turn it in and you will not get the phone back in return.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

DavidMartin wrote:

Verizon and Samsung (to my knowledge) do not offer to fix screens (even for a higher cost) for non-protection plan people. This means that I have no way of legitimately fixing my phone.

I don't believe this is quite true. You can initiate a repair request at the following Samsung website:

Samsung

DavidMartin wrote:

No, repairing it at an unauthorized repair facility will result in you having to pay the full amount of the device after you turn it in and you will not get the phone back in return.

DavidMartin

Great thank you! I don't know how you found that link but I looked for a long time and couldn't find anything. The only bad thing is that once I sign in and registered my phone on that page, clicking the "Repair Request" button doesn't work unfortunately. I guess the website/button is broken, which is just greatttt. Any other way of starting a repair request?

0 Likes
Fadetonight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called about cracking my screen (just the screen) and it was going to be around 350 because the repair places wont just replace the screen on the S7 edges. I have the protection plan so I have to pay 149, but I called around to see if I could get it cheaper. Most phone screens cost around 50-100 to fix locally here, but they said they can not just change the screens on these, so they get the lcd/glass combo which does cost around 200+ before labor. These phones are getting way to expensive to not have the protection plan unfortunately. The S8's are supposedly worse according to the shop I went to (and if I recall looking at the warranty place through Verizon its still 200 to fix/replace the S8s). So if you upgrade I would recommend getting a protection plan or else you may be paying to buy a new phone if you break it.

This was the first phone I have ever cracked. Felt sick, after seeing the prices, even with the protection plan, I am definitely going to have to baby these new phones. You are kind of where I am too, about 1/2 through the payoff so its still cheaper to pay the 149 than to buy it out and get a new one.