Firmware upgrade encountered an issue
Nu-Hir
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now my Galaxy S3 is sitting at a screen that states "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.  Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again."  Whenever I power on my phone, I get that message.  I've tried to do an Emergency Recovery in both Kies and Kies 3, but neither are able to recover, and the only way, it seems, to get the SRA is to plug my phone into my PC and get it from Autorun.  Since my phone is not leaving the error screen, I don't get the auto run option to install the SRA.  Is there any way to download it manually to get my phone running, or is it pretty much bricked and I'll have to look at replacement options?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue
Nu-Hir
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution on the XDA forums site, but thanks anyway.  Looks like I just needed to run the Software Repair Assistant, which I'm a little surprised that the Verizon store I went to didn't have it on hand to attempt to fix my phone.  I got my device repaired, and it's working great.  Just really wish my Wiimotes worked in Android 4.3.  Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJ24

Let me know if you are still having this issue.  I think I have a solution that will restore your phone.

0 Likes
Nu-Hir
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution on the XDA forums site, but thanks anyway.  Looks like I just needed to run the Software Repair Assistant, which I'm a little surprised that the Verizon store I went to didn't have it on hand to attempt to fix my phone.  I got my device repaired, and it's working great.  Just really wish my Wiimotes worked in Android 4.3.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jdickerson713

I would like to know the solution If you don't mind.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Nu-Hir
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to run the Software Upgrade Assistant to get it working. 

0 Likes
jdickerson713

How do i gain access to that software

0 Likes
Nu-Hir
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you plug your phone into a PC, it will pop up with an auto run (if you have it turned on) to install the software.  I found a copy of it on the XDA forums I believe.

0 Likes