Fingerprint security removal
emg3843

I setup the fingerprint security, more for signing in to my bank accounts, and not really for use for my home lock screen.  I have followed the steps to try to remove remove and go back to the regular swipe method, but that option is grayed out and it says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage.  How can I go back to the swipe method, but yet still keep my fingerprint registered for use with other apps?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fingerprint security removal
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the bank account applications or Android Pay or another application is requiring more security then the swipe to unlock, you have remove those applications from the phone and clear the security credentials from the phone before you can change the lock screen from a fingerprint/pin/password level to no security level aka the swipe option.

You really should keep the phone secure with more than the swipe option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

What phone do you have?

0 Likes
emg3843

I have a Samsung S5

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

There should be an option to use the swipe as a backup so you're not using your fingerprint each time you unlock your phone.That backup would allow you to swipe a pattern. It would be under the security setting. If not there then there should be a separate setting for your fingerprint. If this is not what you are trying to do then you may not be able to have two different methods for security.

0 Likes
emg3843

I want to be able to go back to the swipe method, no patterns, no pin, no

fingerprint, just swipe.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:12 AM, radgatt <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't owned a Samsung phone since the Note 2. How would you describe the swipe option when it comes to security? If I'm not mistaken, you have to swipe your finger on the S5's home button if you have that setup. Is there a different swipe option that I'm not aware of?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's just a swipe across the screen area & has nothing to do with the home button.

0 Likes
emg3843

Yes, exactly, just swipe across.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:47 AM, bearone21 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, if it's not allowing you to do that then you may have to do a factory reset. I know that this option isn't something you would want to do but it may be needed. Either that or try downloading a third party lock screen.

0 Likes
emg3843

If I try to delete the fingerprint, I get the message "Unable to

deregister.  Fingerprints is currently set as the screen lock type for at

least one of the following:  Encrypt phone, Exchange ActiveSync. Select

another method and try again."

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes