Finger Print Scanner
RRSEngineering
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone having difficulty with your finger print being recognized?  I have rescanned my fingers dozens of times.  Every time I try and unlock the phone I have to try 3 or 4 times.  I have tried scanning my fingers differently.  Nothing seems to make it better.  The iphone seems to do a much better job.

0 Likes
Re: Finger Print Scanner
olalaw70

Doesn'the work for me most of the time Grrrrr

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

I had same issue.  Do this.  Register your left and right thumbs and right index finger (assuming you are right handed).  If thumb doesn't work, shift to another finger print you have registered.

0 Likes
RRSEngineering
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  It just doesn't seem right that I should have to try 2-5 times to unlock the phone when the iphone finger print scanner gets it right about 98% of the time.

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

You are absolutely doesn't seem right that fingerprint scanner should get it right on the first try, but in an imperfect world, recording different fingers gets the job done with the least inconvenience.

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for typo:

You are absolutely right that the fingerprint scanner should get it right on the first try, but in an imperfect world, recording different fingers gets the job done with the least inconvenience.

0 Likes
Randomnerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, the one thing the iPhone does right, a circular button, it allows you to go at it from almost any angle. I had a similar problem when I got my S6 it only worked every three or more tries (lots of failed attempts) but then my sister got it and what tends to help is if you use your index cross it long ways on the Samsung Home button and it should work more quickly. If you use your thumb in place of your index if you have more thin fingers long ways will work better, but if you have a more thicker thumb you should be able to just press gently onto the home button.

If it still doesn't work I'd recommend going to your retailer and trying to configure what the issue is, but some people do buy from a store (like BestBuy) and then connect it with Verizon Wireless which could be the issue. Many bad shipments arrived in the U.S with scraped screens that had horrible glare, malfunctioning parts and more. So if you did buy from a store rather than Verizon then it could very easily be a bad shipment.

Wish you best of luck with your S6.

0 Likes
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an S6 and an iPhone 6, and IMO the fingerprint reader on the S6 is better. However, I have fat fingers and I think that the S6 device/software does a better job reading fat fingers, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Randomnerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't really think it's the software but the button, because they  still use their oblong home button. But I agree, I think it's better for larger fingers, mine of course are medium.

0 Likes