Feature Request: Lollipop Galaxy S5 Multi Users
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

I found a website that listed the top 15 features of Lollipop. One of those features is the Multi Users mode. It allows you to share your phone to a stranger without them accessing your information; kinda like a PC.

After trying to figure out how to access it, I ended up chatting with a Verizon agent. and I even looked at a Video who has Lollipop + Galaxy s5 + Verizon........it is not available.

So I'm requesting a feature request. There are times where I lend my phone to a stranger so they can make a phone call and I seriously was looking forward to this  Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Feature Request: Lollipop Galaxy S5 Multi Users
bearone21
Legend

i don't let strangers use my phone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung has to include what is usually a tablet only option in their writing of the code for the Android OS used on their devices. It might also be a function of the stock UI which of course Samsung doesn't use since their have written their own custom UI called TouchWiz.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jegesq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Isn't this essentially what Private Mode is meant to accomplish (look in "Settings" for "Private Mode")?   Private Mode is supposed to shields from anyone else's view (including someone you may allow to have access to your phone) info from apps that you designate as "private".   Kind of like a "multi-user" feature, but since a phone only has one registered user, it's a way to achieve something at least a little similar.   At least that's how it appears to work.  Never tried it though myself.

0 Likes
burpleneon

One of the reasons I got this phone was to be able to use this new feature when it was released.   I let my daughter use the phone on car trips and wanted to have a separate log-in with her apps.  Not Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't the Samsung phones have a kid mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
burpleneon

Yes, but she is a teen.  I want her to have access to her own browser with her own bookmarks and apps.  The same with email etc. That is the advantage of a multi-user option.  

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

The reason this feature was never implemented by Google, was what to do with incoming calls and text messages for the primary account holder, as they would come to the phone regardless of who was signed on. Sending them straight to VM was not the answer as the phone owner would not get the important calls right away. So without some sort of lockout method for calls and notification method for the same calls for the owner, this feature was not installed.

0 Likes
burpleneon

Actual this feature was made available on one of the Galaxy Notes.  Not sure which one,  but a tech support person at VZW had this on her tablet.   Please see Lollipop brings proper multi-user accounts to your phone | Android Central for a description.  If some-one else is using your phone, then you are not going to get the message any-way.  I would not object to the call or message going to VM etc.  .  This is no different then leaving your phone in the car or on your desk while you got  a cup of coffee.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

True you are not going to get the text message or call, but the alternate user will, as there is no lockout available. I do not believe this feature is on any android phone at the present, but it is on select tablets.