Family Plan And Companion App
LISRIN99

Hello Verizon,

Just a short note to say I am disappointed. I added this feature so I could utilize it.....all of the functions not a few. Why in the world would you guys make some of the functions accessible through an App? If you are selling something then it should not be designated to the type phone you are using. My daughters phone is not compatible when it comes to getting the Companion App. Evidently she has to have a more expensive smart phone in order to get it because of "Marshmallow" what ever that is. But, I am still going to have to pay the full price for the feature? Now how is that fair or even right? The person who helped me through chat told me nothing about having to add an app. They also never mentioned anything about it may not be compatible with her phone. Of course I still need the Family Plan to control her data use so I will keep it. Why not do the right thing and not charge the full price if the client can't utilize all the features or even better, fix it where we can regardless of the type phone.

Also, the person in chat told me that once I put a limit on her data that she could still access the internet just under safe mode. Well, that's not right either. Once she gets to her limit she can't get online at all.

Come on! This is pretty disappointing to say the least.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Re: Family Plan And Companion App
NEEDLES0904

I also added this service to my plan to find out that I needed this "companion app" that is not available on any of our devices.  So what exactly am I paying for?  Very frustrating and seems to be just another way for Verizon to get even more money out of it's customers.

0 Likes
Re: Family Plan And Companion App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEEDLES0904,

We want to make sure you have control of the usage on this device. The Companion app only further enhances the FamilyBase feature. It does not contain the main functions. Check out all the benefits http://vz.to/2lcG79j of the application. The main reason is to control usage on the devices. You can limit the amount of data to prevent overage and even set up time restrictions to prevent usage during school hours or past bedtime hours. If the user does have a Smartphone, you will have to ensure they do not have access to WIFI if you want to prevent data usage all together.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes