Facebook push notification after Pie upgrade
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone have a problem with the ringtone volume and tone in Facebook after the Pie upgrade? Everyone I know that upgraded their S9 to Pie has the problem. You can't change the ringtone snd the volume is very low for Push notification in Facebook.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook push notification after Pie upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, having your notification alerts working properly is important, and we are here to assist you. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps on your end? Have you checking your volume settings?AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

I have done everything. My brother has 2 S9's and same thing happened after PIE upgrade. I have even told Facebook. Did factory reset. No change. Uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook. No change.

0 Likes
GrapevinePix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe the problem with the Pie update for Samsung S9 and S9+ has NOTHING to do with Facebook at all.  It has ALL to do with a terrible "update" from Samsung that set itself back in usefulness and trust.  I'd like to have an APP to refuse ANY further update from Samsung.  If I could go back to the Oreo UI I'd do it in a heartbeat. The PIE UI is more like the pie a horse leaves in the parade!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jallis, we definitely want to ensure that you are able to manage your ringtone settings for Facebook. Help is here. Do you experience this same issue with other apps on your phone? Besides the Pie update, have you made any other recent changes to your phone? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

The problem only occurs in Facebook. Even if I set the ringtone tone different soound it does not change. I just recieved SYSTEM UPDATE 13 today and still not fixed.Everyone I know that has a S9 that updated to PIE has the same problem. I am getting tired of the blame game. Has Verizon tried to duplicate the problem? Take a S9 with OREO and upgrade it to PIE and see.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, Jallis. We definitely don't want to play the blame game, but want to get to the bottom of this. If Facebook is the only app you are experiencing the issue with, this may indicate that Facebook may need to complete an update to the app. Let's continue to dig into this. You mentioned you are not able to change the ringtone. What is set as the ringtone now? What happens when you attempt to change the ringtone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

Doesn't really matter anymore. I just bought 2 new S10 5G's.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone Jallis. I am sorry that we could not get this fixed in time. We can still troubleshoot the device if you like. Please let me know. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes