Highlighted

Facebook push notification after Pie upgrade

Jallis
Novice

Anyone have a problem with the ringtone volume and tone in Facebook after the Pie upgrade? Everyone I know that upgraded their S9 to Pie has the problem. You can't change the ringtone snd the volume is very low for Push notification in Facebook.

0 Likes

Re: Facebook push notification after Pie upgrade

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, having your notification alerts working properly is important, and we are here to assist you. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps on your end? Have you checking your volume settings?AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes

Jallis
Novice

I have done everything. My brother has 2 S9's and same thing happened after PIE upgrade. I have even told Facebook. Did factory reset. No change. Uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook. No change.

0 Likes

GrapevinePix

I believe the problem with the Pie update for Samsung S9 and S9+ has NOTHING to do with Facebook at all.  It has ALL to do with a terrible "update" from Samsung that set itself back in usefulness and trust.  I'd like to have an APP to refuse ANY further update from Samsung.  If I could go back to the Oreo UI I'd do it in a heartbeat. The PIE UI is more like the pie a horse leaves in the parade!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jallis, we definitely want to ensure that you are able to manage your ringtone settings for Facebook. Help is here. Do you experience this same issue with other apps on your phone? Besides the Pie update, have you made any other recent changes to your phone? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes