Re: FYI on the Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8 VR Promo advertised here from Verizon ...
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I pre-ordered my phone from Verizon as well and had no trouble registering for the promotion.

0 Likes
JERTAY51

It would be helpful if you or someone at Verizon would advise Samsung that my phone was not any of the following: “intended for a non-United States market, being a store display model, or being a refurbished device”. They don’t seem inclined to believe me.

0 Likes
JOEK1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I registered my s8 plus there were two VR bundles I can choose from..  the one where u get the headphones said sold out but the other option wasnt....  so hopefully I'll get my VR and controller

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

endicott65
Enthusiast - Level 1

TO: Biscuit347 - The complaints are that only people who ordered the S8 / S8+  directly from Samsung were able to buy the "fully immersive" VR experience for $99. That offer was rescinded without warning before Verizon customers were allowed to order the phone(s). That constitutes false advertising (no where was it stated quantities are limited / first come, first served) and possibly bait and switch, both of which are illegal in NJ. I have no intention of returning the phone (and have registered for the "free" promo - although note you only have 4 weeks after receipt of the VR gear - 6 to 8 week shipping time - to get the "free" Oculus content). However, this is a black eye for Samsung who can hardly afford to disappoint more customers after their last phone debacle. It also does not reflect well on Verizon who allowed the scam to proliferate.

0 Likes
V_123
0 Likes
Re: FYI on the Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8  VR Promo advertised here from Verizon ...
BRAVOG77

The promotion clearly stated "while supplies last". I fail to see any issue here. I received my s8+ from Verizon on the 19th, and signed up for the $99 bundle on the 20th. It shipped  this passed Thursday and I should have it Wednesday.

At the end of the day, it's a bonus, and if that was the only reason you bought the phone, I do not see how the blame is with Verizon and/or samsung.

0 Likes
compusion

Bravog77,

I registered my s8± right after you.  I'll give you $125 for yours if you'd like to help a disappointed customer.

Thanks much

0 Likes
V_123

Had you received your device after the 20th then u would understand.  If I told u to buy something I was selling and that I would give u an Oppurtunity to register for a bonus but you could only do so when you receive what you bought from me and then once you receive that you contact me to register and I tell you "sorry I don't have any more bonuses"  you would be upset.

0 Likes
V_123

The bundle was worth $699 Sir. It's not about the $ I guess u just don't get it.

0 Likes
theonlyintrepid

yes search for my  content also still waiting same mac address and imeid stuff always re- routed to promotions team

0 Likes