Exchange Services running but have no Outlook email?
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Performed the 4.3 update (won't say upgrade) and did experience similar problems as others in this forum.

My question is specific to the Exchange Services process, I've noticed it now listed as a running application.

I do NOT have an Outlook/Exchange email account on my S3.

It's sucking up about 5MB of space when it runs, not a lot but I'm trying to improve battery life and especially dont need things running that I dont use.

I've tried stopping the service but it keeps coming back.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Exchange Services running but have no Outlook email?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What other email accounts (domain address only) do you have setup to sync on the phone? The Gmail account is handled differently.

It is possible that the other accounts were setup automatically to function as an "exchange" account, but that doesn't mean they are actually an Outlook Exchange account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Google Mail, no other email is set up on my phone.

I did notice the run time on Exchange Services coincided with my first text of the day.

Is it possible the phone starts Exchange Services for texting? What is the relationship here? Very strange

0 Likes
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK a bit more info...I noticed Exchange Services started running when I get a text from my wife. Now, she happens to have  Exchange email running on her phone, but...she is using an identical S3 from Verizon and the stock Samsung messaging app to reply to me.

Now I need to investigate her phone to see if anything funky is happening on her end.

She did the update to 4.3 as well and it getting the voicemail icon and tone happening on her phone when she loses mobile connectivity at home...but that's a topic for another thread...

0 Likes