Ever since this "lollipop" update, my battery will not even last more than a few hours.
deegeew

Ever since this "lollipop" update, my battery will not even last a day, I get strange messages that say a certain app, that I didn't even have open, has stopped working and my text messages are incredibly slow, as are other functions of the phone.  I've called Verizon a couple of times on this and while the operators were very nice, none could solve the problem.  Has anyone else felt this?  If so, any word of some kind of patch for this beast?  I was very happy with my phone before this update.  This sort of thing is the same reason why I dumped my iPhone.  An update basically killed my phone.

0 Likes
Re: Ever since this "lollipop" update, my battery will not even last more than a few hours.
fazack64

I was happy with my galaxy s5,  then I got "lollipopped"... battery runs out way faster.. wifi fades in & out...   they should have left it as it was... at first  the phone would get really hot & I would get overheating messages... I have done partition cache wipes  that helped  a little.. but 2 factory resets has solved a lot of issues... but some are still there... went to Verizon today & they suggest that I wait for a patch...

0 Likes
Re: Ever since this "lollipop" update, my battery will not even last more than a few hours.
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which basically means they don't know what happened, or when it's going to be addressed.  I think it's Verizon's standard answer to buy time and cross their fingers that: 1) you'll go away and 'call' support instead of standing in store, or 2) Wait for enough ppl to complain before someone in Verizon takes notice (usually weeks later) and mentions a 'fix' is in the works and hopes that Samsung/Google will figure it out.

I don't understand their 'soak tests'.  Clearly there are enough complaints floating around on various boards where this just isn't some random, 1 in 10,000 issue.  How does these issues of this magnitude get by internal testing before being release?

0 Likes
no1cntrygrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat...I want Kitkat back...

0 Likes