Ever since the marshmallow update, my Galaxy S5 phone is having problems with text and signal strength
TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since the marshmallow update, my Galaxy S5 phone has been having problems with the Wi-Fi, WAN and texting. My texts now take longer to send, sending pictures is nearly impossible. When connected at home or work to the Wi-Fi I get errors from apps such as (yahoo, facebook, instagram and game of war stating to check internet connection, so the apps stop functioning/updating. I have the same problem when using the WAN or my data.

Attempted fixes:

1) Toggled between safe mode on/off                                                              Result: none

2) Used Verizon Repair software as recommended through my computer           Result: none, besides the fact it deleted some of my pictures and videos even                                                                                                                                if I was told it wouldn't  >_<

3) Factory Reset and reformatted SD                                                             Result: none

Fact:

1) I live in the NY Metropolitan area  so I never had these problems before

2) Signal strength has significantly degraded from 4-5 bars overall to 1-2 bars, sometimes 3

3) I have reinstalled some of the same apps and still get the errors

This is extremely frustrating ....

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the marshmallow update, my Galaxy S5 phone is having problems with text and signal strength
amdew717
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I'm sorry, I don't have an answer but FWIW, I'm having the exact same problems in the Baltimore area.

I just got my Galaxy S7 a week and a half ago and the signal is DREADFUL both for calls and mobile internet. Much worse than my ancient Blackberry.

If I have any successful solutions, I will be sure to post them.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the marshmallow update, my Galaxy S5 phone is having problems with text and signal strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure you are getting the reliable service you deserve amdew717. Let's look into this further. What happens when you try to make a call or access the Internet? Is the issue happening indoors, outdoors, or both? Are you only experiencing the trouble in one particular are or does it happen anywhere you go?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amdew717
Enthusiast - Level 2

My response to the thread below:

Well, I'm sorry, I don't have an answer but FWIW, I'm having the exact same problems in the Baltimore area.

I just got my Galaxy S7 a week and a half ago and the signal is DREADFUL both for calls and mobile internet. Much worse than my ancient Blackberry.

When I try to make a call, it goes through but the call often drops after several seconds.

Response time on my apps is very slow.

I rarely have more than ONE bar on my signal icon.

This happens in my office and at my home.

I have even swapped my S7 for another device but it still is a problem.

Thank you,

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did a full reset of the phone and still have the exact same problem . Thanks Amdew717. Will keep messing with mine and trying to figure it out and will keep you posted as well

0 Likes
TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I don't deserve reliable service RashadM_VZW ???? WOW Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh but you do TAINO87. Verizon Wireless is here now and we will make sure your service goes back to normal. When was the SW update done to your phone? What zip code are you in? Is anyone else having the same issue at this exact location?

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

The marshmallow update took place approx 07JUN2016. My zip is 07503. Not that I am aware of, however I have the same problem whether at this location, at work which is 07103, or out on the road. I am always near the NY Metro area

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amdew717,

We appreciate all the details. To be sure, the Original Poster mentioned that issues arose after the most recent update. When you received your device was it already updated to the latest software? Have you ever had signal in these locations prior to your most recent phone change? Are you aware of others in the same locations with similar concerns?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAINO87,

We greatly appreciate the details, let's work together to find out what is going on. Since the update have you had your SIM Card swapped out or replaced? What text messaging app are you using on your phone?

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes