Error Code 9009 When Trying to Access Voice Mail App
amaio21

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S7.  I always have used the voice mail app to access my voice mail (via *86).  Now I have free basic visual voice mail.

However every time I open the application, I get the message (after some time) "Something Went Wrong.  Sorry, we're having trouble setting up your service"  It also notes the error code is 9009.

Also, when I open the app I get a text message that is all in code from Verizon.  VZVVM and some characters.

I have been through all steps in the troubleshooter including clearing the app data, restarting the phone, starting in safe mode, etc.

Most other things work on the phone.  Software updates fail, but I'm working on that by trying to find a computer that can talk to my phone in media mode (windows 7 does not for some reason).  Internet and phone work.

I just went through chat and they told me it would work after a phone reboot.  It still has the same issue.  This is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Error Code 9009 When Trying to Access Voice Mail App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, seems like your phone is going through a lot of issues that it is not suppose to go through amaio21. I will make sure that we get your phone working again. Now you stated that you did a phone reboot, do you mean a factory reset? Once, I know which reboot you did, I can further assist on the reset of the issues. I will be eagerly awaiting your response.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Error Code 9009 When Trying to Access Voice Mail App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your voice mail is important amaio21. I'm sorry your getting this error message. What phone did you previously have on your line? We may need to make some changes to your account voice mail through our system. I show it was lifted up to the manufacture to be fixed. Are you able to call your voice mail from the phone's key pad via *86?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes