Error 31: Other network problem
wmclifton3
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I attempt to send a text message from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ I instantly get an error message: Error 31: other network problem. This occurs for all outgoing texts. I can still receive texts. All other functions on the phone work properly.  I am in a very rural area at the edge of adequate reception but have never had this problem before yesterday.  Zip code 31066. 

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error 31: Other network problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not beings able to send your text messages have to be frustrating. I know how much I depend on my messages every day. I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. I would like to ask if you are experiencing this issue outside of the 31066 zip code? Are you aware of any other VZW customers having the same issues?

Please advise. 

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
For3

I have a galaxy s10+ and I have the same problem in CA and so far its across all of CA, under wifi or otherwise.  I can use my phone so I know that part of the system is working but I just can't send SMS messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern to figure out what is going on with your text messages. How long has this been going on? Have you done any troubleshooting with your device? We would like to look at the location where this is going on. Can we please have the ZIP Code of the affected location?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
HeidiJ08

I am having this issue now with my S9+. I've tried restarting, airplane mode, different messenging app and am at a loss. I go between WiFi and 4G LTE

Screenshot_20190914-151421_Messages.jpg

Zip code 61550 and 61604

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HeidiJ08, making sure all of your text messages are going through smoothly is important. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken already in efforts to resolve this concern. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Can you please clarify if your text message concern happens to every text message or periodically (incoming/outgoing)? Are phone calls and your data services also impacted? Also, can you please let us know which text message application you are utilizing?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
HeidiJ08

Hello,

It was happening with every text message outgoing. I could receive but not send. I'm using the Messages app (Google). Nothing else has been impacted.

I'm in area code 61604 now, on WiFi, and text messages seem to be doing fine but are delayed in outgoing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, HeidiJ08! Let me ask you a few more questions, when did this start? Do they work when you turn off your Wi-Fi? Have you tried restarting your phone in Safe Mode to test? If not, here are the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/ Test them while in Safe Mode, and keep us posted. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes