Emails with in-line images will not load or display
SALCAV8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gmails with images in the body of the email will not display.  I use the stock Samsung email application which I use for gmail and hotmail. This has worked without issue for the last several years.

Re: Emails with in-line images will not load or display
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SALCAV8, I understand how handy it is for images to auto-load in emails. Occasionally there is a setting that will default to off with new software updates or application changes. I am here to help. In your email app, please select the menu option in the upper left > Select the settings gear in the upper right > Select your Gmail Account > Ensure "Show Images" Toggle is turned on. Please let us know if this resolves your concern.

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SALCAV8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response but the show images was checked. I also cleared the cache and data. And deleted and reinstalled the account and the problem persists.

0 Likes
melissap_vzw
Verizon Employee

SALCAV8, I greatly appreciate you taking those steps. I apologize this didn't want to be an easy fix for us. Not to worry, we're not giving up. I would like to get a better idea of how your Gmail is communicating with the device. As a temporary trial, can you please download the Gmail app and let me know if you get the same error there? Our goal is to keep you set up with your Gmail and Hotmail in one cohesive spot, this is strictly for troubleshooting purposes. Thank you in advance.

Melissa_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SALCAV8
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the meantime I have been using the Gmail application and the images work there.

0 Likes