Re: Email won't forward or reply: "loading messages" spinning
POWERHARP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right on amigo!

TJ511
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me (found on another forum):   Go to "Settings,Applications,Application manager" and disable "Android System Web Viewer".    Note:  if you don't see the "Android System Web Viewer"  tap the three dots in the upper right of the screen and tap "Show system apps".

bearone21
Legend

have you re-booted the phone??

i'm the original owner of my s5 & i connect to 2 imap, gmail & yahoo accounts without any problems so i'm not buying that it's a verizon/s5 issue.

0 Likes
POWERHARP
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's iPhone does not have the disease but that does not mean the it is immune.  If you don't have it on your S5 it also does not mean that  it is immune AND I really don't know if it is a Verizon based issue or not.   I will try the fix suggested earlier by disabling the "Verizon System Web Viewer" but only AFTER learning what it does.Thank you. Joel aka PowerharpHear Me Blowin' Harp Here

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
POWERHARP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion. There are some articles out there that suggest keeping the Android System Web Viewer intact.  Instead of disabling it I saw a choice to revert to factory settings.  After doing that and restarting, the "loading messages" thing just pops up for less than a second which is acceptable.  The warnings against messing with it are that other apps might not work properly.   I shall see and will report back if there are problems. Joel aka PowerharpHear Me Blowin' Harp Here

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

0 Likes
NE5N
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disabling Web Viewer worked for me. Pretty much proves it is an Android/Verizon problem they created in the last week. Only other answer could be that AOL, Microsoft, and other email providers all got together in the last few days and decided to make some change that caused this. If you believe that, I want to talk to you about becoming an Amway distributor. Thanks to TJ511 for posting what he found! I would be interested in knowing what forum he found the fix on.

TJ511
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Found it here:  https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/855590-samsung-s4-cant-reply-emails-get-endless-loadi..., where it was posted by "Mommy P", (who found it on yet another forum).

NE5N
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! After talking to another computer guy like me our two heads deducted that since Samsung controls the Android content on the phone, it follows that Samsung did something to the S5's in the last few days that caused this. Anyway, your fix is keeping native email app working for now. Thanks again.

JBC563

I agree. I have an S4 and experiencing the exact same problem. Started a few days ago. I'm using exchange server for personal and work email. I removed my personal account then reinstated it. Did not resolve the problem. Verizon needs to work with Samsung to figure this out. There are too many similar experiences across Samsung models. Truly a [removed] .

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to have a working service and phone to access your email messages. With regard to the device I want to make sure you are all set. Are when accessing the email application on your phone has there been any recent changes on your phone prior to you having the issue with accessing your emails? 

JasperM_Vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes