Email send fails on WiFi
SBR_SamsungS5

Verizon email fails to send when connected to wifi. If I turn off wifi, the message can be sent. I had same problem with previous Samsung device and now have with my S5. Other email apps like yahoo and gmail do not present this problem. Is there a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Email send fails on WiFi
imilleson
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is definitely user error bro - wipe your phone if you don't know enough about troubleshooting, or delete the SSID and re-add the network. Other things to look at: check what port your email provider uses and then call your ISP and make sure it isn't being blocked (this happened to me with Century Link blocking a @me port for a friend and his stupid iphone on my wifi)

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you're the 2nd person to mention problems with verizon mail but other emails work ok.

use what works......notify contacts that primary email is changing to......

0 Likes
imilleson
Enthusiast - Level 2

While bearone21 is giving good advice (gmail and outlook are excellent free mail services) this is just sweeping the issue under the rug. If the mail syncs with the server on LTE but not on WiFi, then its likely a port issue, wifi connection issue, or something similar. Just saying - but yeah you could just switch to gmail, or let gmail handle the verizon mail through the gmail SMTP servers (Google this, easy setup).

0 Likes