Email - How to group emails, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc so I can delete all in each grouping?
JimmyDinfla

On my Galaxy S5. I could group emails in the Inbox into Last 7 Days, Last 30 days, etc.  How are date groupings done on the S8? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email - How to group emails, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc so I can delete all in each grouping?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimmyDinfla,

Being able to view your email in the best way for you is a big deal. Having options that fit your usage make life a lot easier. I've looked into the default S8 email app and there doesn't seem to be an option like this. You can sort oldest to newest or newest to oldest but that's not quite the same I know. If this email app doesn't provide the options you need though the good news is that on Android you can always search the Play Store for many alternative apps that provide great options. I'm confident there would be some which provide what you need.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Email - How to group emails, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc so I can delete all in each grouping?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimmyDinfla,

We’re here to help get these questions answered. Making sure you can manage your email the way you’re used to is important. What email are you using – Gmail, Yahoo, MSN? (Please do not post your email address for security reasons.) Can you please describe a bit more of what you’re trying to accomplish? Do you mean that you were able to delete more than 1 email conversation at once?

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JimmyDinfla

I want to delete many emails based upon how old they are. With my Samsung Galaxy S5, the email app groups emails by Today, Yesterday, Last 30 days, and Older. The group may be expanded to list emails in that category. Let's say I want to delete all emails in the Older category. In the email app, I touch Select and it places small boxes to the left of each email and each category. I touch the box beside the Older category and check marks are placed with every email in that category. To delete them, I touch the trash can on the bottom of the app, and all those emails in the Older category are all deleted.

I cannot figure out how to make date related groupings with the S8 email app. The S8 Sort By function does not list that option. Maybe Samsung decided not to offer that functionality or maybe it is buried somewhere by default and must be activated. If date oriented groupings are possible, I will appreciate any advice on how to do so.

Thank you,

JimmyDinfla

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimmyDinfla,

Being able to view your email in the best way for you is a big deal. Having options that fit your usage make life a lot easier. I've looked into the default S8 email app and there doesn't seem to be an option like this. You can sort oldest to newest or newest to oldest but that's not quite the same I know. If this email app doesn't provide the options you need though the good news is that on Android you can always search the Play Store for many alternative apps that provide great options. I'm confident there would be some which provide what you need.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
JimmyDinfla

Dear AndrewT,

Thank you for looking into this and your reply.

JimmyDinfla

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimmyDinfla,

We're always glad to provide support when you need it. I hope you're enjoying the new phone other than this change. Do you have any other questions we can assist you with at the moment?

AndrewT_VZW

If my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes