Edge Lighting Notifications Stopped Working Completely after Android Nougat 7.0 update
boa122
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Galaxy S7 Edge...  I see that 7.0 took away the color coding for People Edge, but not many reports of 7.0 completely disabling my Edge Lighting notifications.  Anybody else, or any solutions?  I've tried all the standard checks & trouble-shooting, short of doing a factory reset.  Thanks.  Mick

0 Likes
Re: Edge Lighting Notifications Stopped Working Completely after Android Nougat 7.0 update
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

This may have more to do with Samsung than with Nougat. I remember Samsung saying something about Edge service was being discontinued. I think the color option was part of that. But I'm not 100% sure of that.

0 Likes
Re: Edge Lighting Notifications Stopped Working Completely after Android Nougat 7.0 update
boa122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but from what I've seen the Nougat 7.0 update removed the edge lighting color coding for People Edge feature.  Haven't seen whether it was intentional or not (probably not). 

Maybe the 7.1.1 update will fix this?  Along with my problem of no Edge Lighting on notifications led whatsoever!

Verizon screwed this up - they should have just allowed the 7.1.1 update for the S7 now!

0 Likes