Duplicate texts with emojis
gcanaday
Enthusiast - Level 1

The hubby and I have been inundated with duplicate text messages when emojis are used.  We'll get 1 normal as sent text and 1 text with a bunch of question marks in it with the text that was sent at the same time.  We both use Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge phones along with the Verizon Message+ app

We have updated our OS, cleared all text messages out, cleared all cache out, force stopped the app, rebooted - nothing helps

We've tested by sending letter text messages and those seem to work fine.  Then we've tested just emojis - and those seem to work fine about 90% of the time...but when there are letters and emojis in the same text, then that's when we tend to get the duplicates with the question marks in place of the emojis.

Any ideas out there?

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate texts with emojis
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gcanaday,

We want to make sure you enjoy your texting with emojis. I know I use it all the time. Now when did this exactly start? Are you currently have this happening with everyone you text or certain users? Did you notice this happening while on wifi and/or on cellular data connection only?

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vstj2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing happenening for well over a month. I changed keyboards from Swiftkey to a.i.type keyboard plus with separate emoji download. It supports all the new emoji from Apple iOS 9 as well. The problem stopped as soon as I made the switch.

gcanaday
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! Ironically since I made this post it's only happened once for a duplicate but no question marks. So weird, just glad it's not happening any longer... because literally it was almost every text that contained letters and emojis. I will keep that in mind if it happens again though!

0 Likes
Posseri

My Samsung Galaxy 8 plus sometimes sends duplicate imoji s. Usually when I'm on wifi and also sending text. Why and how can I stop the duplicate imoji s?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Posseri. We are very sorry to hear that your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is periodically sending duplicate emojis. We will be happy to assist with this in every way that we can here at Verizon Wireless. How long has this been happening for? Outside of text messaging, what other applications on your device seem to be sending duplicate emojis when you only intend on sending one? When you go to Settings, System updates, and select Check for system updates, is there a system update available to download?  BrettA_VZW

0 Likes