Duplicate emails SENT
redcat13

I see other posts about duplicate emails being received on their phones, I have the opposite problem - my recipients get 2 copies of every email I send from my phone.

I use the native app, it's a Hotmail account. The email is identical - time-stamped the same. There is only one copy in the Sent folder on the phone. This is the default account on the phone.

I have an S3 and this seems to have started with the recent push system push from Verizon that I installed in early May. Device is on Android 4.3.

Any ideas how I can stop this as it's very irritating to my recipients and costly against my data plan (please read that Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate emails SENT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello redcat13, let's get to the bottom of this together! Can you please uninstall the hotmail email account and then reinstall to default settings? Also, have you tested sending an email from a computer to see if they still receive the email twice just to rule out possible issues or causes with the users phone. Does this happen with any other email accounts other than a hotmail account? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
redcat13

I reinstalled the account and recipients are still getting duplicate emails. If I use a PC (Outlook or webmail) only one email is sent. I see form a number of other Android forums that this may be due to the 4.3 push. Which was around the time this started to happen.

I've installed the Outlook app to see if that makes a difference over the native app, and only one email is sent. So, although I've found a resolution, I'd be interested in knowing if Verizon will be pushing out Kitkat to the S3 and when? I only recently switched to the S3 about 6 months ago so cannot upgrade to the S5 anytime soon. There are other issues reported with Jellybean I'd rather not suffer from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redcat13,

I'm glad to hear that downloading the outlook app has helped provide a resolution. As for the software update, although we do not have that information at this time you may sign up to receive the latest updates here http://bit.ly/dDumph

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes