Dropped signal = Ghost voicemail
DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I lose cellular signal I get a voicemail notification but no message. The only way to clear the bogus notification is to call my phone and leave a REAL message then delete it. Every time my signal drops I have to deal it. Any ideas how to resolve? GS7 edge with all updates.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped signal = Ghost voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are here to help. Have you tried restarting your device? How long has this been occurring? Have you tried dialing out to your Voicemail using *86?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have restarted device, cleared cache both from boot menu and in the application. It has been going on for at least 4mo. I call VM using the notification but will try *86, not sure there is a difference? Thanks for the quick reply. I really hope you can help me with this.

0 Likes
DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless of how I access voicemail, the root issue is a persistent phantom VM notification whenever cellular network connection is lost and restored. Please focus on the root issue. I did call customer support for this issue but they were focused on why I was losing signal, not really helpful. Thanks again and I'm hopeful this forum's technical horsepower can get me fixed up! Smiley Happy

DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVEDELA, thanks for the confirmation. You say the root cause is the Phantom VM notification. But, you said this only happens when you drop a signal. How often do you drop a signal? Prior to 4 months ago, were you still dropping a signal but not having these issues? Did this start after a software update? 

JoeyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks for replying. The root ISSUE is the phantom voicemail. The CAUSE  of the behavior  is unknown. This did likely start after an update because prior to this behavior I would drop signal but not have the voice mail notification. I drop signal about once or twice a week. There are some typical dead spots here in Sonoma County which I reported to Verizon when this issue started. The dead spots are acceptable, the phantom voicemail is the hassle.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

DAVEDELA
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear, the loss of signal should not create a voicemail notification. Yes, the dropped signal does CAUSE the vm notification 100% of the time, but there is something else that is the root cause of the errant behavior, Which is what we are after.

thanks again. Help me Joeywankenobi, you are our only hope. Well except for perhaps Javierwankenobi.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davedela,

We certainly want to make sure you aren't losing signal. What is the zipcode this happens most often? Does this happen to others with Verizon?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
paulpaulos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same thing happen on my phone every few days.  This has become very frustrating and annoying to the point I have considered alternative phones or phone providers. I really would like a solution to this.  I have seen no pattern to it happening.  It just happened within the last 15 minutes.