Downgrading from Lollipop to KitKat?
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are there any steps to downgrade from Lollipop to KitKat? Not trying to be a pain here, but Lollipop needs some work, and i would rather downgrade to kitkat instead of waiting to get lollipop 5.1 update? Just having several issues (battery problems, contact app crashing randomly, bluetooth connection problems, wipe cache partition has already been done)

Any thoughts, suggestions on how to do this without rooting my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downgrading from Lollipop to KitKat?
bearone21
Legend

you can't go back, even with a factory reset.

View solution in original post

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Factory Data Reset without backup or restore turned on....just a straight up restore....with no data recovery options turned on....see if that gets it back for ya...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you can't go back, even with a factory reset.

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

FACTORY DATA RESET.....Did any S5 come from the FACTORY with Lollipop loaded???

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any update overwrites the previous recovery.  We cant go back to a previous because it isn't there anymore.

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Please note that any discussion of rooting/hacking is a violation of the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

Device cam with KitKat, but i'm thinking that once you update, you can't go back. I'm just looking to see if i can get a ROM update to reinstall KitKat. I would rather do that instead.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, you cannot revert.  Doing so voids your warranty and will not be discussed here.

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

arod412 If you're going to attempt, all I will say is do so at your peril. I bricked and had to revive my old S3 because I missed a step during the process....I would suggest talking to tech if you are under warranty. Get a replacement, and then DONT update to 5.0.

Snn5 is right...it will void your warranty, and it can also turn your nice shiny phone into a big useless paperweight....play it safe, get a replacement and then avoid the update like its a monster, boogey man, predator, freddy kruger, whatever you need to imagine to not do it.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Samsung service techs can re-flash back to 4.4.4, but kiss the warranty good-bye and the 5.0 will still come back to install at a later date. It's a part of the base code of Android. The software is always programmed to update and not revert back.