Double Text Notification
KatAlexis87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S20 Plus. This issue started a couple weeks before I upgraded my phone, I previously had a Galaxy S9. I get a text notification once a text comes in but then when I pick up my phone/open the home screen the text notification comes through again. I have set Message + as my default and I have turned off all repeat reminder notifications and it still won't go away. This is driving me insane, how do I make this stop.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Double Text Notification
vrut925
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem on the galaxy note 9. It's been happening for a while. It will stop for a while then it starts happening again. Other people sometimes say my sent texts go through twice. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear  you're having trouble with your notifications, vrut925. Let's take a closer look into this and find out what's going on. When did this start? Does this happen for all notifications or certain apps? Is your device software up to date?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
KatAlexis87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see you're replying to vrut925 but I would really appreciate some help to the issue I posted. My issue started at the beginning of August after my Galaxy S9 did an update. 2 weeks after that, I upgraded to the Galaxy S20 and it still did the same thing. My issue is only with the Message + App and yes, I have done every device software update. I have also set Message + as my default messaging app and I have also shut off all double text notifications but it still keeps happening. I get a text notification when a text comes in and the second I swipe open my phone screen, the notification repeats itself. Please help make this go away.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vrut925
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started about 2 or 3 months ago.  All software is up to date. The problem seems to occur randomly but when it does it will happen for several days with just one or two people not everyone I text. Their texts come in twice to me and mine get sent twice to them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KatAlexis87, 

My apologies! We are here to help everyone, and we want to make sure this gets resolved. We appreciate all the efforts you have made to get your Messaging working right! Let's make sure we're on the same page. I need a little more information on what a double notification looks like on your phone. Are you hearing a second text message tone? Do you see two of the same message in your text app? Does it show as two separate text notifications at the top of your phone? Please tell us more about how you are experiencing this, so we can help resolve your issues. 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vrut925,

We want to make sure we are on the same page here. Are you just getting a notification of a text message twice? Or does the message show up twice in your text conversation? What signal does your phone show when this happens?

-ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
vrut925
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I may not have explained well or I may have posted in the wrong place. Either way, I get both a second notification and the text comes through twice. It seems to happen when I respond to a text by swiping down and texting back rather than opening the text app. But sometimes texting that way works fine. Very rarely it happens when I am actually in the text app itself. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that clarifying detail, vrut925. Can you advise what's enabled when you open up your Message+ app and click on the 3 lines and then choose Settings, Notifications for the following options: 

Repeat Reminder

Enable Network Notifications

Enable notifications in conversation

Enable Popup

Mark as Read On Close

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes